Bottle conditioned.....

cafelinhchi

Trial Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks if a brew is bottle conditioned, that fact should be predominantly displayed on the bottle?

I'm ok with conditioning, I can deal with it, but I don't know, I would prefer to be warned. Thoughts?

You mean commercial examples? Most who do so should likely display it, as it's a more costly process than forced carbonation. I bottle and bottle condition everything I do.

The commercial beers I see say, " unfiltered ". I usually pick it up and check the bottom of the bottle which has way less yeast on the bottom than mine do.

It doesn't take a lot of yeast to condition a bottle. If you're getting much more than a dusting of yeast on the bottom of your bottles, you're bottling too early (except for Weizens and other beers depending on suspended yeast as part of their profile). A beer can look perfectly clear and still have 100,000 cells/ml in suspension, more than enough to condition a beer. Moral: Wait until your beer is bright before bottling (exceptions noted above).

Noseybear, I can't wait that long!!!!

SwampWater said:
Noseybear, I can't wait that long!!!!

Impatience is understandable, but that is the difference between great beer, and fantastic beer.

Back