Bookmark recipe

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Brewer #101600, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Wurst Brauerei

Wurst Brauerei New Member

I know you can save a recipe by copying it, but would it be possible to bookmark/save a recipe without copying?

That way I can keep recipes I don't need to change etc without having to create a duplicate.

2. Ozarks Mountain Brew

Staff Member

IT Managment
    could you explain further, my brewing tab, my recipes menu, or your my dashboard, keeps a list of recent as well as all saved. if you just want a link saved in your browser when you share it the link is there but you first have to share it

3. Wurst Brauerei

Wurst Brauerei New Member

What I mean is, if I browse or search for a recipe and I find one I like, the only way to save it on Brewers friend is to copy it. It then becomes a duplicate of the one I found. But if I don't want to edit it, it'd be enough just to "bookmark it". I don't want to bookmark it in the browser, as it will get hard to find recipes.

So what I want is to be able to "star", "like", or "bookmark" a recipe I find on the site, so that it appers in a "starred" or whatever section on my profile. That way I can quickly find it again later, without having to create a new duplicate of the recipe. Does that make more sense?

Beardo_brews likes this.
  4. Yooper

Yooper Administrator
    Staff Member

Happily retired
    Oh, now I understand! I'll add that to our "wishlist". Thank you for the suggestion.

Brewer #101600 likes this.
  5. planetary

planetary New Member

This was literally the first thing I noticed when playing around with the site. I found something interesting, but there was no way to save it / add it to a recipe book, other than duplicating it outright (and missing any updates the author might provide).

Sure wish this feature existed!

Beardo_brews likes this.
  6. rdcpro

rdcpro New Member

If this hasn't been added yet, I'd like to vote for a "bookmark" or "follow" recipe feature. I came to this forum to ask this, and found this post from a couple years ago.

7. SabreSteve

SabreSteve Well-Known Member

I just saw this. While this feature might be nice couldn't you just use the bookmark feature in your web browser? That's what I do for recipes I don't need to edit. Might be convenient but hardly seems necessary.