BNottling a Pilsner?

Tokki

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

First time to doing a Pilsner. Primary fermentation at 45 degrees for two weeks, 24 hours at room, then 6 weeks at 37 degrees. My question...do I pull out and let go to room temp for 24 hours, place in bottling bucket with priming sugar, bottle, then allow to carbonate at ~ 68 for 10 days (or shorter...I'm impatient) or do I pull it out of the fridge and go for it? Thanks all! It went into secondary with a very nice taste. Don't want to blow it now.

Brian

Gosh I sound like a hick...Bottling a Pilsner... for Pete's sake! :)

I just pull my lagers out of the secondary and immediately bottle them. From there, they are stored at room temperature until carbonated. That process works fine for me.

Thank you! Kind of what I thought; just want to reduce any variables and avoid brewer errors. :shock:

That's my plan as well. Going to take a sample here shortly and see if I deem it ready, then I'm going to bottle straight from the cooler.

And what's wrong with bottling a pilsner? I'm doing roughly half and half... 5 gal kegged to drink right away, 6 gal bottled for long-term storage.

I bottle everything. That way I can drink more different beers at a time and the shelf life of bottle-conditioned beer is longer.

Nosybear said:
I bottle everything. That way I can drink more different beers at a time and the shelf life of bottle-conditioned beer is longer.

Isn't that just a fancy way to say you don't have a kegging system?

GernBlanston said:
Nosybear said:

Well....that would be how I say it. :lol: :roll:

although I absolutely hate bottling, or even drinking from them but there is a plus side to it, I drink more from my tap and glass than I ever did using bottles, it seems to be a good way to control drinking too much too fast :oops:

sbaclimber said:
GernBlanston said:
Nosybear said:

Well....that would be how I say it. :lol: :roll:

How about as follows: I'm putting my money into something that actually improves my beer quality.... Really I have no desire to keg, limits my choices when I go to the basement to get a beer.

Back