Blueberry Cobbler Berliner

Reaction score
Looking at taking one of my go-to Farmhouse Kettle Sour recipes that I commonly fruit up and turning it into a
“Blueberry Cobbler Berliner”

Check my shared recipe in the link at the bottom...

Thinking of adding a small amount of (Flaked Oats) as well as (Lactose) to give the proper “cobbler” appeal but I’m not sure how much.

Once primary is completed, I’ll rack in onto a mixture of pasteurized blueberries, cinnamon and vanilla to complete the cobbler ... but again, not sure how much.

Any thoughts?

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/embed/752581

A well known brewery here adds Graham crackers along with the vanilla. This one is absolutely delicious and I'm certain there is quite a bit of lactose.
Screenshot_20190812-142537_Chrome.jpg

I've got an apple version recipe sitting in the queue waiting for it's time, so this is just guessing. And I was going to try a 50/50 wort, apple juice approach so I don't know how much it would help. At the end I didn't think the recipe changed that much from a normal kettle sour. I was mainly going to mash higher and shorter and try a lower attenuating English yeast. Lactose was going to be added to taste at packaging, so I don't really have a good number as a starting point yet. It was aiming for tart first, with the sweetness coming later.

Recipe here - https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/779681/apple-crumble

I've got an apple version recipe sitting in the queue waiting for it's time, so this is just guessing. And I was going to try a 50/50 wort, apple juice approach so I don't know how much it would help. At the end I didn't think the recipe changed that much from a normal kettle sour. I was mainly going to mash higher and shorter and try a lower attenuating English yeast. Lactose was going to be added to taste at packaging, so I don't really have a good number as a starting point yet. It was aiming for tart first, with the sweetness coming later.

Recipe here - https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/779681/apple-crumble
Permission error on the recipe

Hopefully, someone can help you further as I am not very fond of most sours. The blueberry does sound interesting though.
As far as flaked oats, I use BIIB, and I don't get much out of them until I am close to 1lb for a five-gallon batch. Also, realize that they don't convert well when you are doing your alcohol computations.

Hopefully, someone can help you further as I am not very fond of most sours. The blueberry does sound interesting though.
As far as flaked oats, I use BIIB, and I don't get much out of them until I am close to 1lb for a five-gallon batch. Also, realize that they don't convert well when you are doing your alcohol computations.
I'd make a straight Berliner and use a schuss of blueberry syrup at serving.... Blueberries are a fairly mild flavor, it would take a lot of them to get any noticeable result and the other flavor you're looking for is vanilla, the oats don't add much in terms of flavor. Another advantage to syrup is first authenticity, that's how they do it in Berlin, and second control of the amount of flavor you add. That said, it's your beer, let us know how it comes out!

I agree, oats in the mash will not add oat flavor.

Am I the only one that noticed this is an exact repost of the first post of this thread, but with a hidden link in one of the hyphens?

There's sadly no help to offer here, friends

Sometimes it feels good to help, and sometimes you have shiTT*y Russian/Chinese spammers. Hard to tell sometimes. However, if the shit*ty Russian/Chinese spammer wishes to make halfway decent beer..well.. LMAO.

Maybe they were looking for Moose and Squirrel.

It truly is as good as it looks. Tastes exactly how it sounds. Perfect mix of sweet and sour. Somehow has graham cracker notes despite that not being an ingredient.

Looking at taking one of my go-to Farmhouse Kettle Sour recipes that I commonly fruit up and turning it into a

Thinking of adding a small amount of (Flaked Oats) as well as (Lactose) to give the proper “cobbler” appeal but I’m not sure how much.

Once primary is completed, I’ll rack in onto a mixture of pasteurized blueberries, cinnamon and vanilla to complete the cobbler ... but again, not sure how much.

Any thoughts?

Tennis Lessons in Southampton

Once primary is completed, I’ll rack it onto a mixture of pasteurized blueberries, cinnamon, and vanilla to complete the cobbler ... but again, not sure how much.

Any thoughts?

Once primary is completed, I’ll rack it onto a mixture of pasteurized blueberries, cinnamon, and vanilla to complete the cobbler ... but again, not sure how much.

Any thoughts?

pool deck resurfacing st augustine fl
no response to this

Back