Blichmann beer gun issue, not the normal one

Brewer #115707

Trial Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have a slightly different issue that just occured with my beer gun. I have been using my beer gun for about one year now. I have bottled and have been able to figure out how it best works, not too much foam etc.. I had a double IPA on tap. Carbonated in the keg for 2 months, just letting it sit. I hooked up the Blichmann gun, had it set right. I used a glass to run the line out so that the foam was looking good. The carbonation was real good. I bottled the keg, waited a week and now it is flat. I used new caps and used the same procedure that I used before with no problems. anyone have any idea why the bottles are flat.

If it’s carbonated when it goes into the bottle, then it can only be the seal on the cap. I occasionally have this problem, but it’s pretty rare. I threw away a batch of caps a couple years ago because of this.

Sometimes the bottle caps don’t seal on some bottles because of the capper. Some cappers are better than others. The table top cappers are the most reliable.

You’re not using screw top bottles are you?

Ive had that happen before as well so now I always over carb when I bottle,

Back