Billing Issue

Fezfreak

Trial Member
Reaction score
I joined Brewer’s Friend for a whole year on the same day I cancelled Brewtoad, following a bad experience with their lack of customer service. I signed up for Brewtoad in August 2017 on a month-to-month basis. On the first day I sent them a message with a vitally important question and they never responded so I cancelled the account and asked for a refund. However, Brewtoad continued to charge me every month! I sent multiple emails that went unanswered and was unable to reach them by phone. I never got an actual refund and I had to get my bank involved four (4) times before the charges finally stopped.

Meanwhile at Brewers Friend, their “Terms” indicate that automatic-renewal of your account is a choice but this is false. You have no choice. There is no auto-renew box to check or uncheck. When they auto-renewed my account recently it came without the standard warning message that it was scheduled. I emailed them to ask about it but they never responded. So I cancelled the account and asked for a refund. There was no response and no refund. I had to get my bank involved…again…and not a moment too soon, as tomorrow would have been the deadline to ask for a refund. What’s more, they still have me listed as a premium member. It’s quite possible that I shouldn’t even be able to post on here. So someone is asleep at the wheel.

Surely there must be someone else out there who has had a similar experience with these two service providers.

Two different homebrew calculator providers. Zero customer service.

I am sorry. This is a really shady way to do business. Buyer Beware!

There actually is the option to opt out of the auto renewal process. Some of us here had concerns as well and there is a thread about it someplace. @Yooper is typically very responsive and very helpful. Maybe try sending her an email.
One very easy way to opt out of the auto renewal process is to 'gift' yourself the annual membership. When you first signed up, you must have missed the auto renewal option. It is there.
For reference: https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/nice-to-see-paypal-as-payment-option.7595/#post-48969

I would guess if there is an issue, the Brewers Friend staff will do all they can to make it right with you.

We always answer email, and this is the first I heard of this issue. You can opt out of auto-renew, and I would be happy to let anyone who wishes to not auto renew exactly how this process works, or I can help you through it.

Back