BIAB brewing with iPhone app

time2brew

Trial Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I'm brand new to Brewer's Friend (both online and on the iPhone) and I'm stumped.

I can't figure out how to get the quantity of BIAB strike water & temperture that are needed in order to hit my target mash temp while using the iPhone app.

Is there some secret IOS gesture required? :D

Thanks

Time2brew

The iPhone app does not include water requirement calculations at present (as of version 1.7). There is a basic strike calculator that would address the temperature aspect of the infusion built into the iPhone app. The overall volume target you need is only found in the water requirements calculation at the cloud site Recipe Tools -> Quick Water Requirements. To combine both the target volume for BIAB, and the temperature, at the cloud site, 'Brew' the recipe and look under the Mash Calculator tab.

As for supporting detailed water requirements on the iPhone, this is on our TODO list and is making its way to the top!!

Here is another vote for adding the calculation the the app. It is the very first calculation needed to start brewing!

Back