Best wide mouth fermenter

Plastic BMB with the spigot that I got from Northern Brewer. Works great for dry hop additions and transfers. My only complaint is the lid. It is a compression fit and I need to hold it down with electrical tape during fermentation.

Been using 20 litre speidels with ball lock posts from Nor Cal Brewing. They've been great. Just bought a 30 litre Fermzilla all rounder with the pressure kit. Looks perfect for me, should have a brew done by the end of the week.

At this point, Speidel...I have a 30l and a 60l the manhole sized lid on the 60 and easy to disassemble spigot make cleaning a breeze.

I use the Big Mouth Bubbler w spigot also, just got a lesson on cleaning the spigot. Luckily no spoiled beer.
I bought one of the cone bottom frementors but the bottom leaked at the valve and it did not fit in my fridge , too tall with air lock and wire stand . I also picked up a Spidel , great fermenter , but like post above, can't see what is going on. The Spidel is prob the best but I still go back to the BMB every time.

Thanks for all the input folks! I think I'm going with the 6 gallon Fermonster with a spigot. I do insist on seeing fermentation activity so that puts the Speidel out of the running. I'm also leaning towards plastic instead of glass so that leaves me looking at the Fermonster and the plastic Big Mouth Bubblers. The Fermonster is on sale now at More Beer for $28 versus $38 for BMB, so that's probably where I'm looking.

Probably a good decision. The BMBs I had were very flimsy and the dimples made them a pain in the a$$ to clean. As for the Fermonsters, be sure to use keg lube on the lid O ring and get the lid removal tool.

Back