Belle saison gon sour

Elvish

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi this is my first phost here. Be gentle :)

I made a beer from a receipt I found at my local brew shop with belle saison and it turned out awsome. Now I wanted to exbeeriment with it. I made one with pilsner malt exclusively, brew in bag with 65C (149F). It has been in the botles now for abut 3weeks i have been sampling it on ocation. 2 days ago it tasted good with some yest funk. To day no yeast funk but realy sour. 2 days ago it tastes sweater than it did before (it tasted green) .I had to taste 2 bottles to day to make certain that it wasn't just that one bottle that had an infection. Does any body have a good idea of what is going on? Its not horrible tasting and Ihave tasted sours that where more sour but its border line on beeing an all out sour.

You may have an infection. If so, it's possible that you will eventually start launching bottle caps. That makes a real mess as the foam pours out. Plan accordingly. Not a bad ide to keep that beer stored in an enclosed place, like a cooler.

They might just end up beeing placed in my shower. For safety reasons :) . I will have a taste tomorrow and see how it is. The bottles are modified to be swing topp bottles with a metal band. Would almost be interesting to see how they would go if it is an infection. :D

I supose I could also lett go of some gass by lifting the swing topp on ocation or pour it out og it getts to bad

I've done that before, let some gas out. It helps if it's chilled when you do that.

Back