BeerXML import - where is the imported recipe?

plutek

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
greetings!

just importing a few XML recipes here using the website "Import BeerXML" tool. the upload/submit/convert seems to run fine... i do end up at the "BeerXML Recipes Imported Successfully!" message ...but then i can't find the imported recipe anywhere - it's not in My Recipes, and it doesn't show up if i start a new recipe either.

where do i find my imported recipes?

cheers!
.pltk.

nope... i understand that i need to edit and save the imported recipe, but once the import completes i don't see how to open the imported recipe in the recipe editor - it just doesn't seem to show up anywhere.

where/how should i see the import in the editor?

cheers!
.pltk.

try my dashboard first, if not there it may have had an issue

in the "Recipes" box, i assume? i've imported 3, and don't see any of them. :(

these were converted from ProMash (and i'm not sure if the conversion is good), so i suppose it's possible there's a problem with the XML files. i'll grab some XML recipes from elsewhere and try importing...

aha.... sorry for the noise! :) importing a known-good XML yields a box on the import page, showing the imported recipe and an "edit" button. so i'll have to re-investigate my conversion from ProMash!

cheers!
.pltk.

plutek said:
aha.... sorry for the noise! :) importing a known-good XML yields a box on the import page, showing the imported recipe and an "edit" button. so i'll have to re-investigate my conversion from ProMash!

cheers!
.pltk.

Yeah, sounds like there could be something going on with the export from ProMash? You said a known good recipe imports properly, so I'd guess the same thing there.

Back