Beer as a tip

Herm brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
So I work in a shop making and repairing window screens, as well as repairing broken windows. Last week an old friend dropped off 14 window screens to be rescreened. Today, he picked up his finished screens. While I ran his card for payment, he brought a grocery bag from his car. Inside the bag was a six pack of assorted beers. He said to me “What else do you give a guy who loves beer?” I responded with sincere gratitude, and am looking forward to consuming this tip. I have been tipped in cash from many customers, but this beer tip is a first.
Cheers

Yeah it goes well in my books.

image.jpg
Here is my tip, in picture form. Left to right, Urbock from Germany, Lunch IPA from Maine Beer Co., Subliminally Self Righteous Black IPA from Stone, Samuel Smith’s Nut Brown Ale, Backwoods Bastard by Founders (my friend is from Michigan), and Westmalle Trappist Ale Tripel. Not bad for a day’s work. Cheers!

View attachment 15131 Here is my tip, in picture form. Left to right, Urbock from Germany, Lunch IPA from Maine Beer Co., Subliminally Self Righteous Black IPA from Stone, Samuel Smith’s Nut Brown Ale, Backwoods Bastard by Founders (my friend is from Michigan), and Westmalle Trappist Ale Tripel. Not bad for a day’s work. Cheers!
Solid selection! That's a killer tip!

View attachment 15131 Here is my tip, in picture form. Left to right, Urbock from Germany, Lunch IPA from Maine Beer Co., Subliminally Self Righteous Black IPA from Stone, Samuel Smith’s Nut Brown Ale, Backwoods Bastard by Founders (my friend is from Michigan), and Westmalle Trappist Ale Tripel. Not bad for a day’s work. Cheers!
Nice haul!

So I work in a shop making and repairing window screens, as well as repairing broken windows. Last week an old friend dropped off 14 window screens to be rescreened. Today, he picked up his finished screens. While I ran his card for payment, he brought a grocery bag from his car. Inside the bag was a six pack of assorted beers. He said to me “What else do you give a guy who loves beer?” I responded with sincere gratitude, and am looking forward to consuming this tip. I have been tipped in cash from many customers, but this beer tip is a first.
Cheers
Gotta put a sign up herm "easily bribed by beer":p!

The Nut Brown is a beauty, the only one of those I have had. Let us know how that Black IPA is, BIPA is one of my favorite styles!

Only one those I know I don't like is the stone brewing. They have a funky aftertaste.

That German beer on the left is a Rauchbier, so I get to see if I love or hate “smoked” beer. Intriguing.
I don't remember the brewer, but there is a local company here that does a peat smoked porter. Fabulous!

Back