Basic Extract brewing with Muntons Export Pilsener

Lesliev

Premium Member
Reaction score
Very new to homebrewing with 4 completed and enjoyed brews. For the moment i will continue using LME with the hops already incorporated in the extract. My method then will be simply dissolving the extract in warm water adding adjuncts like maltose as per the recipe i use and steeping hops and grain where required in hot/boiling water then adding to the dissolved extract. There will be no boiling of the wort nor any other actions as might be used with extract brewing using unhopped extract.
i would like to put this very simple recipe into Brewersfriend so i have a record of what i used but the interface only offers me lots of options i will not be using. Is there a way to use Brewersfriend for these simple recipes. I cant be the only person brewing simple recipes using hopped extract dissolved in warm water who would like to keep track of our efforts as we gradually move to more complex brewing methods.
Hope someone can advise.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1427197/basic-lme-recipe

This is a recipe I put together with basics.

I would select the most appropriate colour LME from the recipe drop down.
Screenshot_20231101_092825_Chrome.jpg

There's a few in there.

You can add dry hop to it too if ya want.

You just copy my recipe if ya want and select your brewing profile.

Hope this helps a little bit.

If ya click the Brew icon you can then access the brew Logs to record OG FG tasting notes ect.

Cheers

Back