Banana Chocolate Milk Stout

jmcnamara

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, now that i think i've got my water additions sorted out, I'd like to get some feedback on a new recipe.
The other night, my wife and i were talking about how the banana came through from the hefeweizen yeast in a recent batch. There was definitely a lot of other things going on in the beer, but the banana was definitely (not defiantly :D) there.
Anyway, we got to talking about using that yeast in a chocolate milk stout to make a sort of dessert beer. Throw in a hefty dose of oats to thicken things up, and it sounds really good to us on paper.
Thanks in advance

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/772882/chocolate-banana-milk-stout

oh, i was also thinking of maybe dosing a few bottles with some peanut extract

I like that thinking. I wonder if heff yeast can take the high ABV?

Yah, hefeweizen yeast can take that kind of ABV. Interesting concept, JC!

Hi
Interesting ideas about banana beer, I like to make a beer with only the bitterness of the banana and that the bitterness is on the palate. It possible?

sorry for my english I from Chile.

Thank you

Interesting. Just wonder if the roast might get in the road of the banana and overwhelm it in this beer. Looks tasty hope it turns out as your imagining.

7oz in the recipe of chocolate. The recipe is in the link in the original post.

7oz in the recipe of chocolate. The recipe is in the link in the original post.

Got ya. I looke at the recipe but was thinking there might be nibs or something to add more actual chocolate flavor. Looks more like a porter to me with no r

Disregard. Didn’t realize this was an older thread

Last edited:

Back