Awesome beer names?

Nosybear said:
I have a Berliner Weisse: How about "Ronny and Gorby?"

A bit 80's isn't it? Don't know if the younger brewers will get it.

We made an Imperial Blonde named "Centerfold" :)

Not to degrade women, but because it is a true brew style:

Topless Blonde (Red/Brown etc)

And if you go the extract route:

Easy Topless Blonde (Red/Brown etc)

in my experience woman tend to get topless when drinking home brew anyway so I think that just tells the truth :D

Ozarks, even here in Colorado with our small subset of recently legalized ingredients, I do not share your experience with homebrew making womens' clothing fall off. ;-)

Happily married.... Maybe that's why homebrew doesn't quite work that way for me. Could have something to do with the number of trips around the sun I've already made, too.... In either case, how about this one for my pumpkin ESB (in brew tomorrow, in a rush to finish by Thanksgiving)?

Trebuchet Chunkin' Punkin' ESB?

cyberlord said:
Not to degrade women, but because it is a true brew style:

Topless Blonde (Red/Brown etc)

And if you go the extract route:

Easy Topless Blonde (Red/Brown etc)

Similar to this a brewed a blonde for our fantasy football draft and I named it, you guessed it, "Fantasy Blonde".

I named my German Altbier "Franz' Yeast Infection", my American pale Ale is named "Rocky Mountain Moose Piss", and my English Pale Ale is called "Limey's Delight".

Not exactly politically correct, eh? ;-) My first beer was "Bunnyslope ESB".

Widukind said:
I named my German Altbier "Franz' Yeast Infection"
That's just wrong on so many levels...! :twisted:

My Black Stout I call "Once You Go Black".

One of my DIPA is called "Pucker Power".

I'm about to brew "Moriarti", my first oatmeal stout. It's Jamil's oatmeal stout recipe with Brown Malt subbed for the Victory and 2x the oatmeal.

I've been naming all of my beers for females I know. Either a female friend for whom the style is their favorite, or in the case of my Oatmeal Stout, the name of a cat up for adoption at the local shelter on brew day.

Olivia's Oatmeal Stout
Abigail Pale Ale
Ella Marie's Brown Ale
Molly's American Munich (a Weiss brewed in the German style with American grain)
Sarah's Saazy Saison (self-explanatory)
Christina's Coffee Stout
Geezus Katie! - a Scotch Ale named for our tour guide in Edinburgh. You have to say this one with an Irish accent. Katie told us her Irish roommate in college would remark at Katie's oft shenanigans with "Geezus Katie!"

So far, I've lucked out with some form of alliteration in most of these.

Still trying to name a chocolate stout, a christmas ale, a pumpkin ale, and a belgian golden strong. I have lots of brewing to do.

My wife does the alliteration thing with wine names - we're a multifermentological family. My latest is a Baltic Porter, thinking of something like Summer in Gdansk, since that's where and when I fell in love with the style, perhaps in Polish (have to ask Matt about how to say that). Prior to that and still lagering, a SMASH Vienna Lager. SMASH and Vienna naturally (well, to me anyway) bring Mozart to mind. Depending on outcome, Eine Kleine Geschmacksmusik (A little flavor music) or Salieri's Revenge. Of course, there's always Falco's Flight (alliteration and Vienna references in one!).

Back