Automated CO2 tank shutoff/on valve

Tbrewer444

Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone implemented an automated shutoff/on valve between their CO2 tank and regulator?

I would like it to turn on to allow gas flow to my kegs at at certain time and turn off at a certain time.

This would coincide with my drinking hours during the day. I have seen some products for aquariums and greenhouses on the web that could be adapted.

The purpose is to minimize undetected gas leaks. I sometimes forget to turn off my main tank valve at night.

Has anyone implemented an automated shutoff/on valve between their CO2 tank and regulator?

I would like it to turn on to allow gas flow to my kegs at at certain time and turn off at a certain time.

This would coincide with my drinking hours during the day. I have seen some products for aquariums and greenhouses on the web that could be adapted.

The purpose is to minimize undetected gas leaks. I sometimes forget to turn off my main tank valve at night.
Nope nothing worse than a gas leak though.
If you search harrybrew 69 he has some cool solenoid valve type setups for co2 gas flow also has programming available free to down load.

Main thing is do is take your manifold out of your keg set up fill a bucket full of water and submerge everything and wait and watch with gas on. You'll find your culprit this is what I did before setting mine up.

I have not, but I did spend 4 months trying to track down my last gas leak.

You will have an issue if you want to shut off the high pressure side (before the regulator). The pressure will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 psig, give or take. Once you get over 125 psig, solenoids get very pricy.

You could shut off downstream of the regulator. However, the shutoff may not be as secure as shutting off upstream of the regulator.

I have some leakage at the posts. I have tried new gaskets and some other fixes to no avail. However, my tank valve is outside the kegerator right by the spigot, so I just open up the valve while I'm getting a beer and close it when I'm finished. If you know of a solution to fix the leak at the gas posts, I'd like to know.

Back