Attenuation value not impacting FG

JinMD

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am trying to adjust my attenuation value to match my FG so that I can print an accurate label... any suggestions? I tried saving, copying and saving. No matter what value I put in for attenuation, it is always showing FG of 1.000.

It's possible the recipe is using simple sugars, these are currently hard coded to be 100% attunable so changing the recipe attenuation, which affects other fermentables like grains etc, won't change the FG. Can you provide a recipe link so we can investigate?

That's exactly the case then. Thank you! It is a hard seltzer recipe with 100% white sugar. It didn't actually ferment out completely dry... any ideas on how to adjust the actual abv for purposes of printing labels and such?

@JinMD,

At the moment there's not any easy way to do so. If I really need to do so, especially for a pro setting for example where the label has requirements, I would create custom ingredients for the sugar that are classified as a grain, add it to the recipe with efficiency set to 100% and the ingredient set as a boil addition. This should match the same OG as the sugar. Then you can manually adjust the recipe attenuation. If you need a hand let me know and I can duplicate your recipe as an example in your account.

Great work-around. I think I can do that, no problem. Thanks again!

Back