Anyone Interested in an inexpensive electric brewing solution?

BOB357

Trial Member
Reaction score
WilliamsBrewing.com has this unit for $139.99 with free shipping thru tomorrow. $149.99 after that. Looks like a great base for an electric BIAB system.
Just ordered one and will be resizing my Wilser bag to fit it. With a couple of minor mods to my current recirculation system it should work just fine. A stainless vegetable steamer for a false bottom and my wort chiller fits.

This looks decent, but I wonder about the power. I am currently using a Gigawort with 1600 watts and a double wall vessel. It's fine for a 3 gallon boil. However, the Digiboil is single wall and only 1500 watts. I'd like to see a review and see how it would handle 6 gallons.

The RoboBrew is 1500 watts and boils OK. I'd only use this for the boil indoors during the winter. At the 70 degrees we keep the house I don't think there would be a problem maintaining a boil. I'm not a proponent of vigorous boils, so should be OK. Since it was just released here, I'll likely be doing an early review.

Uh am I blind or did you not actually post what you're talking about?

Just used it to heat water and do the boil so far. Nice to not have to brave the elements this time of year. Did an FG check and tasted the first beer using it and was happy with the results.

Once I get my volumes and such dialed in will be modifying a brew bag and rig a setup for recirculating to do BIAB with a small sparge. Can't beat it for the price. It was actually cheaper than the sparge water heater from Grainfather.

Back