Any car people on here?

Well I bought a car today. That process was excruciating and I hated it lol but I now own a 2021 Nissan Rogue. Also test drove a RAV4, but the Rogue had more interior features and I spend 75% of my week driving, so comfort is more important to me. For better or for worse it's mine now :D

Just found out that my car of the last 10 years needs to be put out to pasture and replaced :rolleyes: so now I'm shopping for cars. A new car gets me a better interest rate on the loan, but a much higher yearly property tax. I'd like it to last at least 6 years, so something below 50,000 miles would be preferred. Right now the front runners are post 2019 Toyota Rav4, Mitsubishi Outlander, or Mazda CX-30. I'm open to any input from the car folks :)
I like my Hondas and Toyotas these days. If we needed to get another for the wife, it was probably going to be a Rav. Can't help with the property tax as my registration is only $35. When you hit 60K, you spend money on maintenance items, tires, etc. Hopefully, you check all that stuff before buying used. Since some of those used cars like a Toyota hold their value, it would probably be better in the long run to buy new. If Toyota, your basic maintenance is free for two years, and that might offset some of the property tax.

Oops, didn't see you bought one. Congrats.

Well I bought a car today. That process was excruciating and I hated it lol but I now own a 2021 Nissan Rogue. Also test drove a RAV4, but the Rogue had more interior features and I spend 75% of my week driving, so comfort is more important to me. For better or for worse it's mine now :D
And you'll do very well with a Nissan, good cars.

Can we call you a Rogue Brewer now? :p

And you'll do very well with a Nissan, good cars.

Can we call you a Rogue Brewer now? :p
I should change my name to Escape Brewer to honor the car that just died! I loved that Ford so much, I cried when I said goodbye to it last night

I have an escape, most fixes are easy, what happened
Well it had 173,000 miles. Needed a new or rebuilt tranny, plus new front struts and brakes. The biggest killer was it started shuddering/bouncing like it had a flat tire, which was either an issue with the fuel injectors or cam shaft. My mechanic couldn't replicate it, but the last couple of days that I drove it it felt very questionable. The costs of the tranny and suspension alone were multiple times worth the value of the car, let alone the engine issue that couldn't be diagnosed without tearing the engine apart. I just couldn't trust it to take me from point A to B anymore, and wanted to get as much trade in value as I could before it completely died.

It was a phenomenal car that moved me across the country 3 times. I tend to get overly sentimental about my things, and I will never forget this Ford

The shuddering could be a sensor, lots of crazy sensors on that car, I have one that goes out and shuts off the car while driving, the tranny I can understand, they are kind of buggie, mine will slip from time to time, good luck

The shuddering could be a sensor, lots of crazy sensors on that car, I have one that goes out and shuts off the car while driving, the tranny I can understand, they are kind of buggie, mine will slip from time to time, good luck
Also your front shaft pops out causing it to shake, easy fix

I like to spend time with this car when I'm not occasionally brewing. '66 Ford Galaxie 500. 390 ci, C6 auto.

Attachments

• IMG_2459.jpeg
    IMG_2459.jpeg
    513.9 KB · Views: 4
This is my Ferrari 612 Scaglietti OTO.

It is a weekend car that I bought at the very bottom of the depreciation curve with some mechanical issues, and I have finally managed to get it sorted and back to good shape a couple of years ago. For some context, my wife's "family car" Mercedes station wagon with cloth seats cost more than this car.

6h8dipjxeza51.jpeg

Last edited:
Turbo 4 or turbo V8? I don't know so much about Espirit. Both options are super cool.
1994 S4 intercooled turbo. I prefer the 4 cylinder cars as they are easier to maintain and pretty close to the same speed as they are lighter. Of course I've got it chipped out and a bigger turbo so it's a blast to drive around. The engine is a beast for a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder. The V-8 is a lot more expensive to maintain but it's a very cool car.

Back