Another one bites the dust

BarbarianBrewer

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Just found out that one of my favorite local-ish craft brewers (Ale Asylum in Madison Wisconsin) just closed. They made some of the most awesome beers I've ever tasted. Ambergedden and Hopalicious were two of my favorites. I wasn't (and still aren't really) a hop-head. But those two beers really got me to liking hoppy beers. They pushed the IBUs but never lost the malt flavor. This is their description for Hopalicious:
Hopalicious is a refreshing American Pale Ale unique enough for the connoisseur, approachable enough for the novice, and drinkable to everyone. Sure, we could have made it “Bitterlicious”, or even “Maltalicious” for that matter. But we didn’t. We made it Hopalicious. And we made it for the everyday hophead who wants bold, citrus hop flavor without crazy bitterness.

I'll definitely miss them. I'll have to make a run to the liquor store to see if there is anything left on the shelves.

upload_2022-7-26_16-29-56.png

Just found out that one of my favorite local-ish craft brewers (Ale Asylum in Madison Wisconsin) just closed. They made some of the most awesome beers I've ever tasted. Ambergedden and Hopalicious were two of my favorites. I wasn't (and still aren't really) a hop-head. But those two beers really got me to liking hoppy beers. They pushed the IBUs but never lost the malt flavor. This is their description for Hopalicious:
Hopalicious is a refreshing American Pale Ale unique enough for the connoisseur, approachable enough for the novice, and drinkable to everyone. Sure, we could have made it “Bitterlicious”, or even “Maltalicious” for that matter. But we didn’t. We made it Hopalicious. And we made it for the everyday hophead who wants bold, citrus hop flavor without crazy bitterness.

I'll definitely miss them. I'll have to make a run to the liquor store to see if there is anything left on the shelves.

View attachment 21618
Sounds like you've got a new beer to try and emulate there BarbarianBrewer...
It must be quite a competitive market there if their selling great beer but still going bust.

Sounds like you've got a new beer to try and emulate there BarbarianBrewer...
It must be quite a competitive market there if their selling great beer but still going bust.

I thought about emailing them and asking them for any recipes but, thought it best not to. Kind of like asking the widow at the funeral whether she is giving away any of her husband's things.

Back