Another First Time All-Grain

fauxpunker

Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking to make the jump to all-grain brewing and still feeling a bit unsure. I've consulted Papasian a few times and hmm'd and haw'd, but I'm just not sure I've fully got it. Especially in terms of how much water I need.

Figured I'd start with a brown ale as that's where I started as an extract brewer and it's familiar territory.

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... -brown-ale

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

converted it to 5.5 and recipe looks good, don't know about the mash water on mine would be 3.3 gal, going to be thick, might try upping the water on the mash, I typically divide the water in half mash to sparge, helps with grain absortion

Don't see anything particularly wrong with it. Let us know how it comes out!

RHAHB take some pics as you do it! make it fun. The all grain step is a good one.

Figured the water was a bit low. But I'll be sure to post results :)

Only thing I noticed is that in the mash notes it says "1 qt/lb" but the amount of water listed is just over 1.25 qt/lb. Likely will not make any difference, just something I notice.

I recently did a stout with Fuggles added at 15 mins, and was not over impressed with the aroma. But then again it was a stout.

Foster82 said:
Only thing I noticed is that in the mash notes it says "1 qt/lb" but the amount of water listed is just over 1.25 qt/lb. Likely will not make any difference, just something I notice.

Thanks. Changed numbers one spot but not the other >.<

Back