Am I crazy...

discmonkey

Trial Member
Reaction score
... or did the Quick Water Requirements used to alert you if your mash volume was bigger than your mash vessel?

I recently entered a recipe and selected the BIAB brew method and my appropriate equipment profile. I scaled the recipe up to 1.5x the original size and the Quick Water Requirements gave the numbers but no warning that the mash size would exceed the kettle size. Maybe it wouldn't have but it looked like it would be very close. Just for fun I then further scaled up the recipe by 2x and the Quick Water Requirements gave the numbers again but no warning that the mash size would exceed the kettle size (although obviously the water amounts were much larger than the vessel at this point). Did I just imagine that it used to give some alert language in there that said your total mash volume was too big?

couple of questions, have you picked your profile in the recipe under the more tab, are you picking kettle or fermenter in the target tab? do you have your mash thickness set?

Hey, sorry for the delay in my reply - I didn't see that there was a response.

I was able to determine that the difference is in the brew method. If I select "All Grain" as the brew method, the Quick Water Requirements will give the volume capacity warnings. If I change the brew method to "BIAB" it gives the total volume needed but doesn't give any capacity warnings.

I've got the equipment profile and a mash thickness set and I tried it with both kettle and fermentor as the target.

It's not a big deal functionally but I'm glad that I didn't totally imagine those capacity warnings. :D

Back