Altbier

I think it looks good. The bitterness seems a little high, but it depends water, pH yeast, ect. as to whether or not it too high. Lately I've been dropping my bitterness slightly. If you halved the 60 minute addition, it would give you 25 IBU's. But again, bitterness perception doesn't always match the calculators. Koln yeast is a good acid producer, so the final bitterness maybe be muted by a lower finish pH.

Water, malt bill all look like a winner to me.

I think it looks good. The bitterness seems a little high, but it depends water, pH yeast, ect. as to whether or not it too high. Lately I've been dropping my bitterness slightly. If you halved the 60 minute addition, it would give you 25 IBU's. But again, bitterness perception doesn't always match the calculators. Koln yeast is a good acid producer, so the final bitterness maybe be muted by a lower finish pH.

Water, malt bill all look like a winner to me.
Thanks! The yeast choice was out of convenience. I am transferring this on top of a Koln slurry from a Kolsch so I plan to ferment on the lower end. The bitterness range for the style is pretty large so I wasn't sure what to aim for. I know this is to account for differences between dusseldorf and norther german examples of which I'm probably shooting for a northern german. I will consider reducing the bittering charge a bit.

Back