Almost a year of work

nflamedrash

Premium Member
Reaction score
I finally completed the new brewery, all equipment has been tested and Saturday will be the first brew day. Most of the equipment is older but it finally has a home that does not require setting up each time I brew, that alone will save almost 2 hours each brew day.

The RO system produces water with 2ppm TDS, much better than my original soft water with high sodium. Looking forward to accurate water profiles.

IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0118.JPG
IMG_0119.JPG
IMG_0121.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG
IMG_0123.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG

WOW! That is one sweet set up. My wife wouldnt see me much if I had a brew room like that. Really nice.

Ya Buddy, thars the stuff beer is made of. Good luck with it;)

Wow wow WOW!!! Dude mind blown! Yep I'd get home from work sneak in there and just sit and admire all me gadgets. I bet brew day couldn't come quick enough:). I see your got some perlic flow control taps awaiting to be housed on that chest freezer? Is that a video camera sitting on that bench too what's that so you can have eyes on the brew room at all times?:p Hats off to you mate you sure did your homework nice easy brew floor to mop up after sticky wort attacks shelving for easy storage so you can actually see where you put that hydrometer great work you sure set the bar high now to brew those award winning beers...

brewroom envy!

I recently worked in a house that had 5 Lamborghinis in their garage. But yes, I would be happier to use that space for a nice 3 vessel setup. Brewroom envy indeed! For me, there's a whole lot of other things that get space before my brew stuff gets it. It's way down that list!

Oh, I get it, this is WAY overkill. I have been brewing for 25 years on many different makeshift systems. In fact, my first all grain system 25 years ago was two 6 gallon buckets, one with 100 holes drilled on the bottom and stuck inside the non-drilled bucket (kind of like the brew-in-a-bag systems today but on the very cheap.) I always dreamed of a better system and this is the result 25 years later. Anyway, this new brew house project was as much fun building as it is brewing beer. I have the space and the kids are now having kids so I also have the time.

I will let you know how things go on Saturday.

Brew day was a success! I brewed an American Wheat with no problems at all. The stress of brew day was WAY Down and the best part was everything had its own space when I was done using it. In the past my back porch looked like a bomb went off after brew day and cleaning and returning equipment and supplies to the basement was a painful end to the day.

Anyway, 18 hours later and 12 gallons of wheat beer are fermenting away.

18 hour brew day?!

I always think if things are sustainable if brew day feels like a chore then it aint sustainable you gotta enjoy the process and make it as smooth as possible. Keep it simple stupid is my brewhouse motto.

Ha, sorry. 5.5 hour brew day. The fermentation is bubbling away after 18 hours.

Now that's a better Brewday! We run around 5.5 on our brewday, plus 2 hours of cleanup. Generally done within 8 hours. During wait times (mash, boil), we start cleaning and putting equipment not needed away. We could prolly save another hour if I had a second burner

Back