Almost a deal

BOB357

Trial Member
Reaction score
My 20 year old fermentation fridge is on it's last leg. Having a hard time getting down to 60 degrees F lately. We were at Lowes yesterday picking up some pepper and tomato plants and they had a 17CF Frigidaire that someone had returned within a few day of buying because it was too small. Regular price was $699 and they had it marked at $399. After taking a few measurements discovered that the internal height wouldn't quite fit my 7 gal. Fermonsters. I was so jazzed before taking the measurements. Will be visiting our local new/used appliance store to see what they have. Man, the price of cheap fridges is ridiculous anymore!

I hear ya. I wouldn't have a ferm refrigerator if we didn't get it for free from wife's grandma

I just hate to spend a couple hundred bucks on what might work fine today and crap out tomorrow. The one at Lowes still had the original warranty.

allot of people i know are buying these types, they have them at sams too ,now you would need to carefully measure the inside, some have a hump on the bottom
img_20171120_092323_941.jpg

this is similar but not sure about the measurements, you need 4.3 cu. ft. Capacity 124 Can Capacity

https://www.amazon.com/Danby-Bottle...id=1525214330&sr=8-1&keywords=danby+DWC458BLS

llot of people i know are buying these types
These wine/soda coolers are peltier-style and are only good for about 20 degrees below ambient. Much more than that and they tend to burn out. I lost a smaller one during a warm week.

ive got a wine frisge as back up but never use i recon insulation aint as good all i remember every time i walked past it it was cycling.

they take forever to cool your wort to pitch temo too. ok if youve got wort where u need it though.

I think the freezers I have are a better value even though you have to lift I can freeze 5 gallons of water into solid ice in 2 to 3 days so no problem fermenting with a inkbird as a controller, they do put off heat though

Every compressor puts off heat. That’s what they do! ;)

I think the freezers I have are a better value even though you have to lift I can freeze 5 gallons of water into solid ice in 2 to 3 days so no problem fermenting with a inkbird as a controller, they do put off heat though
yep freezer is the GO but not good on back. yes weve been there. rig up a pully system problem solved or transfer wort from kettle into fermentor sitting in freezer then preassure transfer out and no lifting required:).
also when lid is open cool air remains in the chamber it.

I agree, but I can't heft a full fermenter. We old farts have our limitations as much as we hate to admit it.

Check Craigslist or facebook. You should be able to find a fridge or upright freezer for less than $100.

Check Craigslist or facebook. You should be able to find a fridge or upright freezer for less than $100.

I need it delivered and the old one hauled off. Thanks just the same.

yep freezer is the GO but not good on back. yes weve been there. rig up a pully system problem solved or transfer wort from kettle into fermentor sitting in freezer then preassure transfer out and no lifting required:).
also when lid is open cool air remains in the chamber it.

Thanks, but none of that fits in here.

Back