Afraid to sync

Donoroto

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
I want the brew session data on my iPhone to appear online, but I am afraid to Sync the data; I may be wrong but last time I did that, the info from the iPhone over-wrote the online info in my recipes.In one case, a recipe deleted on the iPhone was also deleted online. Good Thing I had a printed copy.

My preference would be to have the online data be the master (at least for the recipe itself), and phone data gets updated from online. (Perhaps a check box to set one or the other as master?)

Now I can see how this is backwards, since my session data on the phone would never update to the web, but still: Do I just never use the phone app for new info, solving my problem? Any thoughts would be most welcome.

When you "sync" you do have the most current entries on both platforms. We currently don't have a way to choose which platform should be chosen when you sync. We are working on updating/new releases of the apps, but currently what we have is the same iOS app that we've had for a while. You have a good suggestion there for choosing the preferred way to sync, and hopefully we can incorporate that seamlessly in the release.

Back