Additional ferment graph data - Trendlines & margins

MeemoNZ

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if it would be possible to add into the ferment graph some additional data option. Things like:
  1. Ferment temperature range of +/-0.5 or 1c lines
  2. pH range of say 5.2 > 5.4 as preferred for fermentation
  3. Intended FG to give an idea of target margin eg +/- 0.02
  4. Fermentation trend to FG - based on current fermentation activity speed, estimated time to FG
I tried to mock up 1 - 3 above to better explain.

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 11.13.01 AM.png

Regards,
Andy

I think 1,3, and 4 is definitely doable as options. I'm not sure if they're advisable though as it will add clutter to the chart. If we do, it needs to be a toggle and default to off.

2) is a lot more complicated, as the pH you're referring to here for 5.2-5.4 is the mash pH range for good enzyme activity. The boil drops it another 0.5, and the fermentation can drop it another ~0.5 depending on yeast choice. Typical final beer pH tends to be in the 4.1-4.5 pH range, or as low as 3.0 for sour beers.

I don't think 2 is realistically possible.

I think 1,3, and 4 is definitely doable as options. I'm not sure if they're advisable though as it will add clutter to the chart. If we do, it needs to be a toggle and default to off.

2) is a lot more complicated, as the pH you're referring to here for 5.2-5.4 is the mash pH range for good enzyme activity. The boil drops it another 0.5, and the fermentation can drop it another ~0.5 depending on yeast choice. Typical final beer pH tends to be in the 4.1-4.5 pH range, or as low as 3.0 for sour beers.

I don't think 2 is realistically possible.

Ah yes, true. You raise a valid point about the pH.

For the other points, I was thinking something like a lightly shaded region in the bacground of the graph, so not too distracting from the other graph info - for the quick mockup I did I couldn't shade. Definitely a good idea to allow toggle on/off. Would be good to keep the toggle option set and not have to turn on each time the graph is loaded though.

Back