Ability to Filter/Search through all recipes

White Haus Brews

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello developers. I just joined Brewer's Friend recently and so far I'm loving all that's available. Thank you so much for designing such an amazing, intuitive web program for us home brewers!

I'm always looking for better ways to organize and find my recipes. I love being able to create different folders to group recipes together but every once in awhile I want to see and filter through a list of all my recipes at the same time. For example I might want to brew a session beer next and want to see any recipe I've saved with an ABV <4.5% regardless of whether it's in my "Ideas," "Tried and True," or "archived" folders.

Would there be a way to add an "All Recipes" folder which would have the full list to search/filter through? Or have an advanced option on the filter which would return results for whatever you're searching for regardless of the folder it's in (or ability to select which folders to filter through)?

Let me know if I'm not making sense! Thank you all so much for the hard work you put into making this so awesome!
Cory

I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking for- it’s early here and I’m just having my coffee.

If I understand it correctly, he wants to be able to put his recipes in different folders for the sake of organization (ie. planning, keepers, need to brew) but would like a search option that would disregard the folders and search all of his recipes by a defined set of parameters, like "less than 4.5% abv"

Haha no worries Yooper, mornings are the worst :p

Texas got it. I like being able to use folders. I like being able to search through my recepies with the filter. I just want a way to search through all my recipes at the same time.

Thanks!

ls -R | grep <some file name>

Yeah I was messing with this earlier today and noticed that too. It would be handy.

Back