A LME from extra runnings

Resmondo

Trial Member
Reaction score
I brewed an oatmeal porter today and had 3 gallons left over from the mash. From that I boiled it down until runny syrup consistency with a volume of 36 OZ. My hydrometer does not go that high to get a s.g. reading. If i had to guess it was around 1.2-1.5? It smelled and tasted wonderfully of coffee, molasses, and chocolate. I added that amount to my fermenter before adding my yeast. Anybody ever do something similiar? Just curious about what S.G. contributions this can add. And anybody's personal experience with flavors etc. if they've done it.
14 gallon AG batch. 1.053 into fermenter before adding the syrup.

Do a tare weight measurement on exactly 1.0 liters of the syrup. 1035 grams will equal a 1.035 SG.

Do a tare weight measurement on exactly 1.0 liters of the syrup. 1035 grams will equal a 1.035 SG.

Ok thank you. I do not have a liter left but have enough to weigh out and covert to at least get close.

So my SG of my extract came out at like 1.18. I had 150 mL left over and it weighed 177 grams. So right at 1.18 SG. How do i get my PPG number from specific gravity of the syrup?

I mean if it was 3.5 gallons @ x.xxx sg........ then if you rehydrate it. It should be the same?

Back