3rd Quarter Brew

In the fermenter, waiting for the yeasties to start doing their thing. Here's the boil.

I accidentally put in the first hops at 60 minutes, so it might be hoppier than intended. We'll know in a week or so.

642694B6-252F-4399-975D-4508B081D0D8.jpeg

That’s about 1.012 and 5%. Not as potent as the recipe called for, but I brewed to a lower OG and really, this is a non-issue. Taste is very promising and I’ll probably let this chill for a couple of weeks before I tap it.

Not nearly as dark as the beer from @Donoroto, it would seem.

IMG_1324.jpeg

That’s about 1.012 and 5%. Not as potent as the recipe called for, but I brewed to a lower OG and really, this is a non-issue. Taste is very promising and I’ll probably let this chill for a couple of weeks before I tap it.

Not nearly as dark as the beer from @Donoroto, it would seem.

View attachment 26663
I substituted some carabrown for the cookie and used 350L chocolate instead if the light chocolate. What was available.

Last edited:
Well, I figure better late than never. After a grueling summer I am finally finding time to start brewing again. Just ordered the grain for the 3rd quarter brew, will be middle of the next quarter before it will be done, but excited to brew something different.

Well, I know the third quarter is in the rear view at this point, but I did manage to get this one brewed today. My OG, 1.056, was a bit low, but a good brew day regardless.

Picture is about 3/4 of the way through mashing.
1000009993.jpg

Back