2 New Inventory Features

Chris-P

Trial Member
Reaction score
Feature 1: Intelligent Inventory Match
Today, when I go to brew a recipe if I have Apollo 19% AA in my recipe but 19.5% AA in my inventory, BF sees them as two different ingredients; and I understand why. But then I have to go back to my recipe, and edit it to match what's in my inventory. It would be great if BF would recognize that I have a similar ingredient in my inventory and ask me if I meant to use that instead and deduct if from my inventory accordingly.

Feature 2: Can I Brew It?
It would be awesome to have some sort of visual indicator on the recipe screen that would show me if I have enough of a given ingredient in my inventory to brew that recipe.

+100 on both points.

The "Buy" feature is already configured with intelligent matching for recipe ingredients, although that may be server side at the store. There would be some questions to answer on this, for example, if you chose a substitute would you want the system to automatically make a snapshot recipe with the revision, or would you want it to change the recipe to match the ingredients?

The "Can I Brew" is an awesome idea though, I find myself wishing for this one all the time. It could function just like the "Quick Water Requirements" button.

Back