1st brew in the new brew room!

Still much work to go on the room, but was time for the first brew, a fine Christmas stout, I hope! 62.5 pounds of grain in a 15 gal batch, took two mashes to do! Its very happily bubbling away.

View attachment 17483
Envious good on you man looks like a great place to brew some quality beer:D!

Envious good on you man looks like a great place to brew some quality beer:D!
Thanks, most of the house is in the works of remodeling. The brew rooms the second one to be close to done. My wife is amazing to be able to put up with constant dust and noise, lucky man I am!!

Thanks, most of the house is in the works of remodeling. The brew rooms the second one to be close to done. My wife is amazing to be able to put up with constant dust and noise, lucky man I am!!
It's all for a good cause;)
Funny how the brew rooms nearly done lol:p

Congratulations! :)

Nice looking room. I'm jealous...

Hey @Dogwood, is that in your basement? If so what are you using to vent the steam during the boil. I want to brew in my basement but the steam is my very huge bump in the road.

Hey @Dogwood, is that in your basement? If so what are you using to vent the steam during the boil. I want to brew in my basement but the steam is my very huge bump in the road.[/QU

Not yet, Im building a hood to go over the brewing area. The ceiling is open so Im running a 4" thin wall pvc pipe between the floor joists from the hood to the rim joist, putting an inline fan in and sticking the pipe through the rim joist to exit outside. I'll have a switch for the fan along side the light switch. Moisture wont be much of a problem until colder weather here in Wisconsin. I was surprised as I had 3 burners, lp gas, going for several hours, as the brew took 2 mashes for the 15 gals. The carbon monoxide detector never made a sound.

I have a steam condenser, beware they don't always work as easy as seen on TV lol, mine uses way too much water and doesn't pull very well

my steam condenser

IMG_E4757.JPG

Last edited:
I was surprised as I had 3 burners, lp gas, going for several hours, as the brew took 2 mashes for the 15 gals. The carbon monoxide detector never made a sound.

Does your Carbon Monoxide detector have numbers or is it just a get-out-of-the-house-NOW kind of detector? If there are no numbers to tell you what the actual reading is, I wouldn't assume you are safe. Also where is the detector in relation to the burners? CO concentration will be higher near the burners.

Does your Carbon Monoxide detector have numbers or is it just a get-out-of-the-house-NOW kind of detector? If there are no numbers to tell you what the actual reading is, I wouldn't assume you are safe. Also where is the detector in relation to the burners? CO concentration will be higher near the burners.

The detection device was in the brew room about chest high. Yup, its s simple one burners were about 6 ft away.

Back