1st brew done

kelliott

Trial Member
Reaction score
1st brew done and all is tasting good i would like to thank everyone :D for the help they gave to me

Done as in brew day complete? Or done as in a stack of empty bottles? :lol:

done as in moved from primary into the secondary for conditioning for a week or two

Awesome. Make sure your secondary vessel is topped up all the way to avoid oxidation problems later on.

By the way, I hardly ever rack my ales these days. I just bring the fermentor up to a table, leave it there for at least 24 hours so everything settles back down, then carefully rack into the bottling bucket (or directly into the keg). I also go with highly flocculent yeast so it settles out better in the primary.

Saves me the time of racking, and all the sanitization and extra cleaning. My beer turns out great, nice and clear, besides occasional chill haze.

Congrats on your first brew! You will always remember this one. Mine was a Honey Brown from a extract kit!

That's awesome Kelliott! Now it's mostly patience, good luck with that.
I will always remember my first brew as well... The impatience, the needless worrying, watching the bubbles like it's TV, smelling the airlock 10 times a day, checking the carboy first thing in the am and before bed, sneaking samples with my racking cane, reading the forums all night, Wait, I still do all those things.

Back