100th batch recipe

What about a kettle sour style beer something to test your brewing skills.?

Wow, 1000 brews....
If I don't count my ciders, it will take me around 150 years or so to get there!

I like the 100 IBU with all Centennial @ 10% abv.
Think of it as an imperial Two Hearted.
Cheers!

Me too :)
Or 10 to the power 3 (10 x 10 x 10)
10 grains, 10 hops, 10 % :p:p:p

All great ideas! The double IPA with 100 IBUs and Centennial hops is certainly clever, I just wish I liked imperial IPAs :D

Ben, I like your idea of a kettle sour, I've done 3 before already but it's been a while since I've done one

I'm also thinking about trying to redo the 1st recipe I ever made of my own design (it wasn't great lol). A simple American pale ale.

Lots of great options!

I love a good chunk of vienna in my pale ales not that I brew many malty biscuity rolled into one leaves a nice flavour to lay your hops on.
10% - 20% vienna
Personally I'd double the flame out and dry hop additions.

Looking good I like your water profile favouring a crisp firm bitterness

So the 100th batch is up next and I've decided on....a lemon basil gose!

I've brewed 3 sours before and only 1 was successful (due to oxygen issues during the lacto fermentation), so I like the idea of revisiting a more technically difficult brew. I'll add sea salt to the boil and the lemon peel and basil when I transfer the hot wort to the kegmenter. This will be a kettle sour, so the 1st fermentation will be lactobacillus bacteria, then the boil, then the 2nd fermentation with S. cerevisiae.

Fingers crossed! I might also throw some lemongrass at this one to get more lemon and herbal flavors

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1295770/lemon-basil-gose

Nice! I’d like to try a sour one day. For now I just buy occasionally

Not brewed or even tasted a Gose or sour Beer.
Your game:). Salt and beer just seem to me a clash to me but I'm a total newb on this front.

Have you thought about souring in the kettle with raw malted barley grains Sunfire96?
I hear some brewers doing this with the natural lactobacillus living on the grains...

Not brewed or even tasted a Gose or sour Beer.
Your game:). Salt and beer just seem to me a clash to me but I'm a total newb on this front.

Have you thought about souring in the kettle with raw malted barley grains Sunfire96?
I hear some brewers doing this with the natural lactobacillus living on the grains...
That is certainly a more traditional way of souring, but I've successfully done a kettle sour before by innoculating with a lactobacillus culture, and I'm not restricted by the reinheitsgebot, so I'm gonna stick with what I know

Also goses are delicious! Even without extra fruit or flavoring added. Something about the salt makes my hoppy palate happy on hot days were a 7% 70 IBU beer sounds like too much

Back