100% efficiency???

Daniel777

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi evryone!

I'm not new to this marvelous hobby, made some 30-40 batches till this time, but got really interesting results of tonight brew.

It was a really simple reciepe, just 3 kg (6 pounds) of Vienna malt, and some light hops. I will make a mint ale from it for the summer.

I started with 12 liters (3 gallon) strike water, had it rest at 65 celsius (149 farenheit) for 1,5 hour, make it to 75 celsius (167 farenheit), sparged with another 12 liter (3 gallon) water (also 75 celsius - 167 farenheit), got 20 liters (5 gallon). Boiled it with hops for an hour, cooled it to 18-20 celsius (66 farenheit), got 17,5 liter (4,5 gallon) at the end in my bucket.

Now the intresting part, i read little more than 13 Platon (1,055 OG) and in the reciepe builder it seems, that I made it to 100% efficieny or even a little over.

I don't really mind it, but am a little concerned, is it a possibility, that something went wrong? All my measure equipment is fine, i had tested it. Other possibilities anyone?

Thx,
Daniel

Ps:Sorry for the bad english, if there is any, not a native speaker and it is a little late. :)

efficiency can be measured several different ways, if you added 100% in the recipe builder and hit the numbers, than yes it can happen, but never herd of anyone doing that my self

It was post boil reading. But the recipe builder calculate with post boil quantities too, so....

Something definitely isn't right here. Something was likely measured incorrectly. 3kg of Vienna only has 231 points available. Whereas 17.5L of 1055G is 254 points.

Yeah I know, but my scale is corrent, I checked it too.
I don't know what happend. :)
Maybe it was some extra good malt?

Back