June 4, 2019 Updates and features!

Yooper

Administrator
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
Check out some of our new releases and features!

Changed
  • Brew Session - Phase bar, now numbered and more intuitive.
Added
  • Data Sheets - Forced Carbonation Chart.
  • My Recipes - Search will now query all recipes regardless if they are in a folder or not.

• Recipe Builder / Equipment Profile - Original Gravity calculation can now use boil size with evaporation rate instead of batch size when include evaporation rate is checked under equipment profile and batch target is fermenter. Click More next to the stats bar and find this under Equipment Profile.

• Brew Session - Brew Log entry for Yeast Dump, amount collected will be subtracted from the packaging volume.

• Inventory - Added default amount. New recipes will have these ingredients added by default with the amount set.

• Inventory - Suggested Brews allows you to find public recipes from Brewer's Friend that have ingredients from your inventory. Only ingredients with an amount will be used.

Please let us know what you think! We're always happy to hear from you!

Hi @Yooper , could you please clarify how "boil size with evaporation rate" changes the original calculation? I actually thought adding the evaporation rate in the equipment profile was calculated this way? When I enable the check box, all or most of my recipes no longer meet the "beer style" due to bitterness and gravity.

Check out some of our new releases and features!

Changed
  • Brew Session - Phase bar, now numbered and more intuitive.
Added
  • Data Sheets - Forced Carbonation Chart.
  • My Recipes - Search will now query all recipes regardless if they are in a folder or not.

• Recipe Builder / Equipment Profile - Original Gravity calculation can now use boil size with evaporation rate instead of batch size when include evaporation rate is checked under equipment profile and batch target is fermenter. Click More next to the stats bar and find this under Equipment Profile.

• Brew Session - Brew Log entry for Yeast Dump, amount collected will be subtracted from the packaging volume.

• Inventory - Added default amount. New recipes will have these ingredients added by default with the amount set.

• Inventory - Suggested Brews allows you to find public recipes from Brewer's Friend that have ingredients from your inventory. Only ingredients with an amount will be used.

Please let us know what you think! We're always happy to hear from you!

Hi @Yooper , sorry could you please clarify how "boil size with evaporation rate" changes the original calculation? I actually thought adding the evaporation rate in the equipment profile was calculated this way? When I enable the check box, all or most of my recipes no longer meet the "beer style" due to bitterness and gravity, e.g. almost all drop a 0.5-0.7 ABV.

Cheers
Rob

Hi @Yooper , sorry could you please clarify how "boil size with evaporation rate" changes the original calculation? I actually thought adding the evaporation rate in the equipment profile was calculated this way? When I enable the check box, all or most of my recipes no longer meet the "beer style" due to bitterness and gravity, e.g. almost all drop a 0.5-0.7 ABV.

Cheers
Rob

We have some brewers who go by batch size, and want it calculated that way, but others want the amount after the boil (due to excessive trub losses or a huge boil off). You'll want to chose the one that best fits your situation and gives you the correct volume/SG/trub losses.

Back