Tilt Hydrometer

Terrell

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the latest Tilt app and an iPhone X. I got my tilt to work on one brew but no matter what I do it won't log on my latest. I've followed the instructions - past the logging URL into Tilt's cloud URL section and chose the right color in BF. I keep taking readings manually and each time Tilt says it's posting, but it's just not doing it. Feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.

I have the latest Tilt app and an iPhone X. I got my tilt to work on one brew but no matter what I do it won't log on my latest. I've followed the instructions - past the logging URL into Tilt's cloud URL section and chose the right color in BF. I keep taking readings manually and each time Tilt says it's posting, but it's just not doing it. Feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.

You may need to deactivate the Tilt on one of your previous brew sessions. Look at your active device settings here.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/profile/device_settings

That got one of them working again. I'll have to keep playing with the other one. Thank you!

Hi All,

Is there a way to change when a sample is applied to the graph?
I had an OG reading from a "Brew Day Complete" entry that I did on my actual brew day (before I received my Tilt in the mail).
For whatever reason it was having an issue showing efficiency, so I deleted it and recreated it with the same date.
The problem now is that the original OG date-stamped reading is now gone, and the new entry I created doesn't have the date stamp of what I entered. Instead it shows up in the graph at the actual time I entered it.
This is throwing all my fermentation tab readings off because it's using the sample with the first date-time stamp as the OG to compute everything from.
I can edit or delete entries that have been logged by the Tilt, but I can't edit anything that comes from the BrewLog.
Is there a way to fix this or do I just need to be aware of this and more careful in the future?

Is there an instruction on how to get brewersfriend to pull data from the google docs sheet to track fermentation with the Tilt? I have the Tilt connected to an iPad which is posting the data to the google docs sheet every 15 minutes. Thanks!

JonyMac

Is there an instruction on how to get brewersfriend to pull data from the google docs sheet to track fermentation with the Tilt? I have the Tilt connected to an iPad which is posting the data to the google docs sheet every 15 minutes. Thanks!

JonyMac

Hey JonyMac! Click the integrations page under the fermentation tab (after you’ve started a brew), copy the Tilt URL and paste it in the Tilt app for where you want the data sent. I think it can only go to one place. (Limitations of the Tilt app for not allowing multiple destinations). Based on your post, you already have it pointing to google spreadsheet. Looks like you’ll have to wait for the next brew to use the Tilt in BF

@avantassel ?

I'm not able to answer your questions, but I know that the developer can, and provide all of the information you need. He will get to you ASAP!
Did you ever get back to him? I have the same question for future use.

Thanks - is there a FAQ or writeup on this - had to do a lot of sleuthing to find the guru...

Not that I ever found... all by trial and error. One additional note. When you “add a note” in the Tilt App and upload it. The note will appear in “Edit” tab section, not the “Chart” tab.

BF plots the information every 15 minutes automatically. If you add a “note”, it will show up on the BF chart within a minute or so. It shows up in the “Edit” section and you can see the note, but it will be another 15 minutes from then for the next update from the Tilt comes through.

JonyMac
If you want to log it to both brewersfriend and your Google spreadsheet in the Device Settings page that Mase mentioned there's a section called forwarders. You can place the URL for the spreadsheet in there and the brewers friend URL on your tilt. The tilt will log it with brewers friend and brewers friend will then log it with your spreadsheet.

I haven't seen anything to upload a completed or ongoing batch to the fermentation section if that's what you're after.

If you want to log it to both brewersfriend and your Google spreadsheet in the Device Settings page that Mase mentioned there's a section called forwarders. You can place the URL for the spreadsheet in there and the brewers friend URL on your tilt. The tilt will log it with brewers friend and brewers friend will then log it with your spreadsheet.

I haven't seen anything to upload a completed or ongoing batch to the fermentation section if that's what you're after.

Learn something everyday. Although if an admin or programmer is reading this, wouldn’t it make more sense to put the “forwarder” in the “Integrations” page? Or at least point to it.

There you go JonyMac!

Sweet - maybe we should do a write up to put in the FAQ and send it to an admin to post...

You should look at the Raspberry Pi / Tilt solution, It takes your iPhone out of the equation. It integrates great with Brewer’s Friend. Your iPhone can’t monitor your brew when it is in your pocket out of the house. The Tilt iPhone app needs to be in the foreground to work.

https://tilthydrometer.com/blogs/ne...ge-download-for-your-raspberry-pi-3-or-zero-w

Why use Google Sheets when you have all the data in your brew session on BF.
With Raspberry Pi you can download your data files to a USB stick if you want.

I have Pi running on my brewery Mac Laptop for my RaspberryPints screen. I am using an old iPad for this project and have it turned on in the brewery and sending data both the Google Sheets and to Brewers Friend. Happy with the setup.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33276033@N02/46081397255/in/dateposted-public/
dateposted-public

IMG_0485.jpg
Sweet!

How did you get the image to show up inline? When I used the image tool to point to the URL in the link above, it just shows as a broken image.

Last edited:
Sweet!

How did you get the image to show up inline? When I used the image tool to point to the URL in the link above, it just shows as a broken image.
Copy/drag photo to your desktop, then click on "Upload a File" and select it.

There are ways to make an image smaller in size. (Sorry don't do Windows).

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 10.15.46 AM.png

Back