Bookmark recipe

Wurst Brauerei

Trial Member
Reaction score
I know you can save a recipe by copying it, but would it be possible to bookmark/save a recipe without copying?

That way I can keep recipes I don't need to change etc without having to create a duplicate.

could you explain further, my brewing tab, my recipes menu, or your my dashboard, keeps a list of recent as well as all saved. if you just want a link saved in your browser when you share it the link is there but you first have to share it

What I mean is, if I browse or search for a recipe and I find one I like, the only way to save it on Brewers friend is to copy it. It then becomes a duplicate of the one I found. But if I don't want to edit it, it'd be enough just to "bookmark it". I don't want to bookmark it in the browser, as it will get hard to find recipes.

So what I want is to be able to "star", "like", or "bookmark" a recipe I find on the site, so that it appers in a "starred" or whatever section on my profile. That way I can quickly find it again later, without having to create a new duplicate of the recipe. Does that make more sense?

This was literally the first thing I noticed when playing around with the site. I found something interesting, but there was no way to save it / add it to a recipe book, other than duplicating it outright (and missing any updates the author might provide).

Sure wish this feature existed!

If this hasn't been added yet, I'd like to vote for a "bookmark" or "follow" recipe feature. I came to this forum to ask this, and found this post from a couple years ago.

I just saw this. While this feature might be nice couldn't you just use the bookmark feature in your web browser? That's what I do for recipes I don't need to edit. Might be convenient but hardly seems necessary.

Hey. I just joined and am excited to try my first couple of brews. The very first thing I wanted to do was "favorite" or "star" a few recipes to a list of some kind, then pick one out of my short list of "favorites" or "bookmarks" to try first. I see this was brought up all the way back in 2017 but wasn't implemented. The lack of this feature is very disappointing as a brand new member.

Hey. I just joined and am excited to try my first couple of brews. The very first thing I wanted to do was "favorite" or "star" a few recipes to a list of some kind, then pick one out of my short list of "favorites" or "bookmarks" to try first. I see this was brought up all the way back in 2017 but wasn't implemented. The lack of this feature is very disappointing as a brand new member.
You can make a new folder called "Favorites" and add them there?

There is another way to achieve this.

Use the MY NOTES feature under te MY BREWING menu option.
1: Find the recipe you want to save a link to and copy the link from the browser tab.

2: Open the MY NOTES option and create a new note.

upload_2022-7-9_15-54-55.png

3: Save the note then you have a permanent link to the recipe you want.

4: To save space you can add several links to the same note.

upload_2022-7-9_15-56-41.png

5: Retrieve the note when required. Just highlight the respective link, Right click on the highlight and select GOTO Link to get a new tab with the recipe listed. Et Voila!!!
upload_2022-7-9_16-0-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-7-9_15-56-41.png
    upload_2022-7-9_15-56-41.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 36

Back