Yet another kegging/force carbonation thread....

blackcats

Trial Member
Reaction score
I've just bought myself some new corny kegs mainly for convenience and because I hate bottling on my days off.

Anyway. I've just stuck on a batch of beer last night. Won't be ready to keg for another 2.5 weeks but I just wanted to ask this ahead of time so I'm not panicking when it comes to keg day.

I've got everything I need with my keg. Line in, Line out, regulator etc etc

I've been looking up videos on YouTube regarding force carbonation but my question is this:

If I'm feeding gas into my keg at say 30psi do I leave the gas cylinder on overnight or am I supposed to let it in for a short space of time and then turn it off and allow the gas to make its way down into my beer overnight?

Cheers for the help in advance.

Tags: xe tải dongben, toyota fortuner 2017, mitsubishi attrage 2017

Last edited:
Yes I have always left the gas on for 24 to 48hr for carbonation. Time will vary for different styles of beer and personal taste. Just a few pointers since its gonna be your first time kegging. After you have cleaned and sanitized your keg and beer lines. and before you fill your keg with your brew hook it all up turn your gas on set it to your forced carb presure turn it all on and "Burp" your keg. Check for any leaks with either soapy water or some sanitizer in a squirt bottle. If you get a big leak around your keg lid O ring chances are you have the lid on back tofront just turn the gas off. turn the lid 180 and this should fix it. Fill your keg and "Burp" it again.

I fill the keg (purged completely with CO2) with cold beer, pressure-burst it to 30 PSI, leave it overnight, top up to 30 in the morning and then top it up a few times a day over the next few days, tapering off to proper pressure level for desired CO2 volumes.
I do it this way because I keep my CO2 bottle out of the kegerator and use it in a few different places. Eventually, I'll get a second bottle for the kegerator and can leave it on the keg and forget it.

Doing a pressure test on your entire system is a great idea before you put any beer in it. Including poppet valves on kegs.

Back