Show me your gardening Progress

Not my garden but the one at the church where I volunteer to feed those who need it. A panorama from one corner.
F6C89FCF-3C14-4BDB-9901-EDF333ECFB7B.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice community garden we call em.
Yup looks like a bit of everything.
Are them big leafy greens bottom right In pic Rhubarb by any chance man I love that stuff stewed with some granny smith apples mmmm mmmmm

What are the cages for? Wildlife?
I got them as well, but for me it is goat protection

What are the cages for? Wildlife?
I got them as well, but for me it is goat protection
I use them to support the tomatoes and peppers as they grow, that way I don't have to tie them.
After the soil is built up, my tomatoes will regularly get to10' in length and my peppers will get over 4'.

Makes sense.
That was my first idea, but then I thought you were planting water melon in them...

Plastic (it is a woven product, water-permeable) first then cut a hole for the plant. I re-use them for several years.

Harvesting some tumeric today.
Nearly a bucket full off three plants.
Now that there lady's and Gentlemen is some good quality tumeric!
20220626_133941.jpg
big as my hand some bits
20220626_135256.jpg

Also checking in on hop rhyzome that thing is spreading out.
20220626_133948.jpg

This is it semi dormant it doesn't really die off.
IMG_0233.jpg

Last edited:
My turmeric is starting to die back.
Might leave it in the ground (no watering) as I still have enough.
Ginger I still struggle with
Galangal is growing like crazy.
Been walking around in the garden every morning, harvesting pawpaw, masau, cherry tomatoes and chili's. Then checking for dinner: egg plant, yellow pepper, yard long beans, chinese cabbage or maybe NZ spinach.
Got some areas where I just threw down left over seeds that were way expired. No idea what will come up :)
NZ spinach was one of them

Picked a fer cucumbers and peppers, garlic is ready to harvest, zucchini and yellow squash will be ready this week, and I have tomatoes that are pink, so a week or so on them

Back