Brewing Equipment...Are you all set?

Over The Cliff Brewing

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Are you all set with your brewing equipment or are you eying something right now? Tell us what you just have to have for your brew house. I'm not talking about replacements, we're talking something you don't have now. I'll start.

I would love to get an exhaust fan, new sink etc. installed and brew in the basement. (not gonna happen)

My brewzilla and spike flex + fermenter meet my needs. An exhaust fan for the basement (as opposed to the garage as is current practice) would be nice, but there are several issues there, including getting power to the basement...

A second fermenter would be nice, but I really don't drink that fast.

I need a fridge for temperature control, but there just isn’t anywhere it could live in my home, including the garage. The 1148 square feet of space on 2 floors is actually much smaller than it sounds. So I guess there might be some brews fermented with Kveik in my near future.

My rational self says I've got everything I need. I bought a couple of things recently so that I can restart my stove top brewing for beers where I only want a few litres at a time, generally experiments or imperial beers.

My irrational self wants a canning machine.

Would love an Anvil Foundry 10.5, but it’s not really needed. A ball valve for my kettle, along with silicon tubing would help. Can’t see buying a kegerator, since I have a chest freezer that supplies ice packs for my big insulated box, but that would be nice. Just like my boat - I can’t rationalize this hobby using economics. It’s a fun pursuit.

I could use a ported thermometer for my brew kettle, maybe. The port is already there, I would just need the thermo and the weldless bulkhead fitting. Necessary, no, but it could be useful. Does anybody have any feedback regarding an SS BrewTech kettle, is this feature worthy of pursuit?

Currently devising a plan for an all-in-one fermenting chamber and dispensing/serving mini fridge. I don't have any of the bits and pieces yet, but it will slowly start coming together next month, fingers crossed. I'm perfectly happy with stovetop brewing for now, but I've been eyeing the smaller anvil foundry w/ recirc pump if I ever decide to get out of the kitchen, so to speak :)

I have too much crap as it is. :)

My set-up is super simple (and I hope to keep it that way), so I have no interest in any high tech gizmos. But I’m strongly considering a second, small Speidel fermenter to do split batches. I think there’s a lot I’m not learning because I don’t run those types of experiments.

My rational self says I've got everything I need. I bought a couple of things recently so that I can restart my stove top brewing for beers where I only want a few litres at a time, generally experiments or imperial beers.

My irrational self wants a canning machine.

I came close to getting one a couple of months ago but nixed it since I don't bottle that much.

After buying this and that and replacing various bits, I think I have pretty much the ultimate apartment brewing setup. 50 l all-in-one system, my previous 30 l biab kettle heating the sparge water, 50 l stainless fermenter, a fridge which the fermenter just barely fits into and a stir plate and flasks to make any kind of starter I need. This setup can, in one go, fill two corny kegs with any up to 8% beer. I also happened to find a professional dual circuit in-line chiller for cheap so I don't need a kegerator. I really can't think of anything I'd change, everything just fits together.

After buying this and that and replacing various bits, I think I have pretty much the ultimate apartment brewing setup. 50 l all-in-one system, my previous 30 l biab kettle heating the sparge water, 50 l stainless fermenter, a fridge which the fermenter just barely fits into and a stir plate and flasks to make any kind of starter I need. This setup can, in one go, fill two corny kegs with any up to 8% beer. I also happened to find a professional dual circuit in-line chiller for cheap so I don't need a kegerator. I really can't think of anything I'd change, everything just fits together.
Living the hombrewers dream

I'm working on better temperature control by installing a thermowell and digital thermometer in my mash tun.

I don't currently have any brewing equipment on my wish list.
Jjust completed a little project to have the control panel for the Brewzilla remote.
Will also be building a wheeled platform for the Brewzilla.
I would like to rework my brewing area in the garage, some purpose built shelving.
Already have some materials needed to improve the heating system in there.
A sink in the garage is just something to dream about right now.

Back