What did you get delivered today

I don't work for the USPS but, I do try to understand reasonable delays because the pandemic has put all shipping companies in a year-round peak shipping season. Also because the USPS is a quasi-governmental agency, they have the additional constraint of politics. For example, they can't close a little utilized post office or raise prices without congressional authorization. The founder of a company I used to work for once said "It isn't the big that eat the small, it's the fast that eat the slow". The USPS is, by any measure, in the slow category.

I don't work for the USPS but, I do try to understand reasonable delays because the pandemic has put all shipping companies in a year-round peak shipping season. Also because the USPS is a quasi-governmental agency, they have the additional constraint of politics. For example, they can't close a little utilized post office or raise prices without congressional authorization. The founder of a company I used to work for once said "It isn't the big that eat the small, it's the fast that eat the slow". The USPS is, by any measure, in the slow category.
Yeah I intentionally didn't mention the politics around the postal service because we know how those discussions have gone on here in the past. I will say I feel sorry for employees cause their job has become incredibly hard the last year or so. The brass at the top could definitely have done a better job though

Yeah I intentionally didn't mention the politics around the postal service because we know how those discussions have gone on here in the past. I will say I feel sorry for employees cause their job has become incredibly hard the last year or so. The brass at the top could definitely have done a better job though

I hear you @SabreSteve! I had that same fear and reread my most a few times just to make sure I was stating facts and not opinion. My only goal was to offer appreciation for what we do have and acknowledge some of the challenges they face.

It's weird Canada Post and USPS have never done me wrong while I hate DHL and UPS with the fire of a thousand burning suns. Fedex and Purolator are solid Meh. I shipped Don's bottle opener via CP/USPS so I hope this isn't the first time it goes wrong. ;)

It's weird Canada Post and USPS have never done me wrong while I hate DHL and UPS with the fire of a thousand burning suns. Fedex and Purolator are solid Meh. I shipped Don's bottle opener via CP/USPS so I hope this isn't the first time it goes wrong. ;)
Thank you Jason.

It's kinda like GPS navigation: it might not be the fastest or shortest but, follow the instructions and you'll definitely get there, every time.

Clear Beer Draught System.

I caved. I’ve never really cared so much about clarity, but this seems so easy to use (and clean!) that I had to give it a try. I’ve got a Porter just about ready to keg, and although that isn’t the ideal beer to try this out on, try it out I will. That hose is designed for 5 gallon kegs, so I have to cut it for my 2.5 gallon kegs...hope I don’t cut it too much and find it’s still short. :oops:

07EACE24-B056-4D4C-A418-8FEEC5FFE34F.jpeg

I want to order a couple of these, except use them for floating dip tubes.
View attachment 15707
Not with the carbstone though! Too fine, it'll clog, and without a float it'll...er, sink to the bottom.
But a float and (literally) an open hose end should work pretty well. Oh, and a different post, that one's for gas.

Wait, why not just buy a gas dip tube (nice & short), attach a hose with a float and be done with it??

Not with the carbstone though! Too fine, it'll clog, and without a float it'll...er, sink to the bottom.
But a float and (literally) an open hose end should work pretty well. Oh, and a different post, that one's for gas.

Wait, why not just buy a gas dip tube (nice & short), attach a hose with a float and be done with it??
I have some floats, and short tubes, but I always worry about infection when installing them. Would be nice to just pluck the lid and all out of sanitizer and plop it in place.

Check it out!
Resized_20210512_195802.jpeg

29lt kegmenter with pressure lid floating dip tube ect. Also got a thermowell to go in the top.
And finally after all these years go A two roller grain mill!
Resized_20210512_195807.jpeg

Also got some Sodium Metabisulphate some brewery cleaner and step drill bit to install thermowell.
Can't wait to get some beer in the kegmenter who cares I can't see inside it's made of stainless! 4 inch opening makes it easy to get my arm inside and it is so low hardly any height I rekon I could stack two or these in my ferm chamber.

Check it out!
View attachment 15716
29lt kegmenter with pressure lid floating dip tube ect. Also got a thermowell to go in the top.
And finally after all these years go A two roller grain mill!
View attachment 15717
Also got some Sodium Metabisulphate some brewery cleaner and step drill bit to install thermowell.
Can't wait to get some beer in the kegmenter who cares I can't see inside it's made of stainless! 4 inch opening makes it easy to get my arm inside and it is so low hardly any height I rekon I could stack two or these in my ferm chamber.
What is the volume of that unit Ben?

You can also get a 59lt unit so you can do 50lt batches.
You would want to have that bad boy in the fermenter and pump wort into it. Moving it around full would be a chore to say the least!

You would want to have that bad boy in the fermenter and pump wort into it. Moving it around full would be a chore to say the least!
Oh yeah I'm even thinking the same with the 29lt when it's got 21lt in it + keg weight I'm gunna be feeling spritely after clean and jerking that bad boy into the ferm chamber lol!.

Lucky I fill directly into the fermentor in situ
But I was hoping to keg chill hot straight off the kettle with this thing so having it in the freezer won't aid in the chill down rate.
I'll have to think about it more or just go back to using the Imersion chiller now it's cooler here.

Back