What are you drinking right now?

Having a bite of lunch with a
Dogfish Head Punkin Ale.
A little too hoppy for my taste, but I never let a beer go to waste!

Bit Of Lunch.JPG

LightnFizzy
20201009_172007.jpg

A perfect Quaffer.
This is exactly what I was going for on this beer (mass produced light lager) if not a tad maltier.
It's the first time I've used sugar in a lager beer.
Anyhow glad this one ticked the boxes was good to test my brew method on such a light style this I'm sure will be replicated near Christmas perfect stinking hot weather beer.
Cheers

Oh you know its Friday.
Vienna Lager aka(David heaths) but not verbatim I left our the melanoidin and I used caraffa 2 instead of the lighter 1.
20201009_181509.jpg

I'm surprised this isnt maltier with all that Caramunich 2 in it maybe that's why David pops the 2% ish melanoidin in there.
I'm going to brew this again down lower on the ABV spectrum but I think I'm going to kick the Caraffa 2 it just competes so much with the malt it's like their playing a tug of war in my mouth and I can get a full appreciation of either. It's like this when I take a drink I taste all the flavours the malt starts creeping in and then a the roast just dominates it a takes it away. But it does make you wanna sip some more lol!
Just me being picky I suppose thinking of dropping the roast malt keeping it clean and dropping the ABV and making it my own;).

I know @thunderwagn brewed this as is what was your thoughts if you remember them on it?

Oh just for kicks this is a 30/70
Vienna/litnfizzy
20201009_184029.jpg

Last edited:
Oh you know its Friday.
Vienna Lager aka(David heaths) but not verbatim I left our the melanoidin and I used caraffa 2 instead of the lighter 1.
View attachment 12299
I'm surprised this isnt maltier with all that Caramunich 2 in it maybe that's why David pops the 2% ish melanoidin in there.
I'm going to brew this again down lower on the ABV spectrum but I think I'm going to kick the Caraffa 2 it just competes so much with the malt it's like their playing a tug of war in my mouth and I can get a full appreciation of either. It's like this when I take a drink I taste all the flavours the malt starts creeping in and then a the roast just dominates it a takes it away. But it does make you wanna sip some more lol!
Just me being picky I suppose thinking of dropping the roast malt keeping it clean and dropping the ABV and making it my own;).

I know @thunderwagn brewed this as is what was your thoughts if you remember them on it?

Oh just for kicks this is a 30/70
Vienna/litnfizzy
View attachment 12300
I stuck to the recipe and really enjoyed it. I know it's not true to style, but that's ok with me as I just enjoy drinking good beer and don't enter my beers in competitions. I'm actually looking at brewing it again soon. And I may be wrong, but I do think that lil bit of melonoidin gave it just that extra touch. Mine was pretty malty from what I remember.

I think I’m going to brew an Altbier. Got a recipe somewhere so I’m going off that. I guess it’s an Alt. This should be right around 5% abv
50% Pilsner
20%munich
20% Vienna
5% Caramunich II (never used before)
2% Chocolate just for color (May leave out? Thoughts?)
I know it doesn’t add to 100%. Each of those are a touch over the percentages listed.

38 IBU of Northern brewer at 90 minutes and 3 IBU of Saaz with a few minutes to go.

34/70 yeast at 60 degrees.

I stuck to the recipe and really enjoyed it. I know it's not true to style, but that's ok with me as I just enjoy drinking good beer and don't enter my beers in competitions. I'm actually looking at brewing it again soon. And I may be wrong, but I do think that lil bit of melonoidin gave it just that extra touch. Mine was pretty malty from what I remember.
Might be the yeast I used mangrove jacks Bavarian lager. I've got some 34/70 on hand now so I'll give It a whirl with that. It is a well balanced beer that's for sure nothing wrong with it just me being picky:).
Cheers

LightnFizzy
View attachment 12298
A perfect Quaffer.
This is exactly what I was going for on this beer (mass produced light lager) if not a tad maltier.
It's the first time I've used sugar in a lager beer.
Anyhow glad this one ticked the boxes was good to test my brew method on such a light style this I'm sure will be replicated near Christmas perfect stinking hot weather beer.
Cheers
Nice to see the pool shot, haven't seen that for a while!

Back