alcohol ban! need advice please

if i float into kegging,i wont be able to bottle them?
fairly new to kegging,reading up on it,mostly its beer on tap.
i assume i cant be giving bottles to buddies if one kegs?
I have been bottling part of my batches - I move part of the beer into the keg and then the other part into a bottling bucket. This way I can share some bottled beer with friends and drink what's on tap myself or share with folks who come over for a visit.

Sometimes I pour from the tap into a mason jar and share with friends that way - they just need to drink it sooner than later or it'll eventually go flat.

I bought a used chest freezer for 100 US dollars and then put a "collar" around the top and tapped through the collar. - You can google "keezer build instructions" to see what I mean.

Indeed, we might need to get you to do up some helpful guidelines in a non English language for us once you learn the ropes. :)

I was very intimidated by this whole process myself when I started, but I had some local people who were able to help me out. Craft beer is a big deal in Canada so it's easier to find people and materials.

howzit bru!
i managed to get grains two weeks ago,but most of the stores are sold out.
i still have stock left.
carbing the bottles seems to be my final hurdle,patience i believe...lol
Great stuff!!

I am waiting for my stuff, that includes 3 batches of 15L of beer, and will pick up 4 batches worth of ingredients on Saturday. Then brewing will start in all earnest.

Re carbing the bottles: boil a cup or two water and disolve your priming sugar, let it cool, add to wort and bottle. Cap and leave for at least a week (2 if you can). But make sure that the fermentation process is done completely.

That should cover your carbonation I believe.

Big thing here, plastic bottles won't last as long as glass before they go bad on you. However they are much more forgiving if you get the math wrong on your priming sugar. I liked 1L brown PET bottles personally when I bottled since it was fewer to use and they won't shatter like glass can.

Great stuff!!

I am waiting for my stuff, that includes 3 batches of 15L of beer, and will pick up 4 batches worth of ingredients on Saturday. Then brewing will start in all earnest.

Re carbing the bottles: boil a cup or two water and disolve your priming sugar, let it cool, add to wort and bottle. Cap and leave for at least a week (2 if you can). But make sure that the fermentation process is done completely.

Also this method will give you a more consistent carbonation per batch than individual bottle priming.

This is very true.

Just like how they don't drink tequila in Mexico, oh, wait, nevermind:p

Don't you all just drink Fosters and VB anyway? ;)
I've drunk many litres of VB. Fosters, what's that? :D

The days of VB seem to be grinding to a close. I don't think it's even in the top 5 beers in the country anymore. I'd say we're all developing better taste, except the beers that have replaced it are either more of the same, or rip offs of Corona.

Great stuff!!

Hey,someones been reading the wikipedia page ...lol

What?! There is a Wikipedia page?

I learned a lot on a bike forums brewing thread and a SA brewing forum. Been reading since the start of this lockdown...

Received my kit today, so will be brewing this weekend :D:D:D
glad you got your kit,take your time and savor it,its fun.
all the best

i see this evening that i got better carbonation with my 500ml bottles than the 5liter ones.
the 500ml has been carbing for 5 days and is ,from the one i opened about 60% carbd,still a good result for me:)
The 5 liter has less carb,,its about 40%.
Im guessing i underestimated the headspace on the 5 liter?

Back