What are you drinking right now?

Thanks for that. Now, I'll make an effort to find it. I will admit that the first craft beer I ever drank was Fat Tire, but the one I stuck with was SNPA. Having read Beyond the Pale by Ken Grossman, and visiting the Chico brewery a couple of times, I appreciate the commitment to excellence in everything they do. I understand their brewing styles that I don't care for too. It's the one brand that I will try anything they brew, regardless of whether I like the style or not.

My Blonde Ale is coming along just fine. When we were young and dumb we would sneak into the Oly plant and join the tourists for a tour and tasting.
upload_2020-5-5_13-43-41.jpeg

My Blonde Ale is coming along just fine. When we were young and dumb we would sneak into the Oly plant and join the tourists for a tour and tasting.
View attachment 9925

Oly was pretty popular back in the 60s. Wasn't any worse than the average swill. Lucky Lager, Schlitz, Blatz, Hamms, Bergie, etc. Pretty much what the choices were unless you wanted some malt liquor. A faster buzz if you could stand the taste of Rainier, Old English or Colt 45. Damn, that $hit was nasty.

Oly was pretty popular back in the 60s. Wasn't any worse than the average swill. Lucky Lager, Schlitz, Blatz, Hamms, Bergie, etc. Pretty much what the choices were unless you wanted some malt liquor. A faster buzz if you could stand the taste of Rainier, Old English or Colt 45. Damn, that $hit was nasty.
In HS we had a friend who’s father was a professional stock car driver/owner. Oly was the sponsor and we got lots of swag and beer. :):)

Nice line up of blonds there boys I kicked my latest keg last long weekend but I recon I'll have my new batch carbed by this weekend.

I popped a short bottle of my latest IPA, after 7 days of conditioning. The beer was well carbonated, but darker and hazier than when it went in the bottle. Loaded with Cascade, Centennial and Chinook hops in the boil, surprisingly I get a bread aroma up front (maybe because I have a loaf of sourdough, and a pizza dough in the rising stages), with some citrus notes. A nice white foamy head leaves nice lacing in the glass. My wife tasted the beer, and described it as a hoppy Belgian. To me, it tastes refreshing, and I look forward to popping another in a week. Sorry, no picture.

I popped a short bottle of my latest IPA, after 7 days of conditioning. The beer was well carbonated, but darker and hazier than when it went in the bottle. Loaded with Cascade, Centennial and Chinook hops in the boil, surprisingly I get a bread aroma up front (maybe because I have a loaf of sourdough, and a pizza dough in the rising stages), with some citrus notes. A nice white foamy head leaves nice lacing in the glass. My wife tasted the beer, and described it as a hoppy Belgian. To me, it tastes refreshing, and I look forward to popping another in a week. Sorry, no picture.
“Hoppy Belgian” what fermentation temp scheme did you use? Those “C” hops should not come on estery in an IPA. Unless that was your intention. Yeast?

No fermentation temperature control here. My fermentations are done in an interior closet that usually is around 70-72 degrees F. My wife does not drink much beer, but likes Belgian beers, so I take her comment as a compliment, rather than an aficionado’s definitive critique. The yeast was US-05.

No fermentation temperature control here. My fermentations are done in an interior closet that usually is around 70-72 degrees F. My wife does not drink much beer, but likes Belgian beers, so I take her comment as a compliment, rather than an aficionado’s definitive critique. The yeast was US-05.
Awesome, whatever floats her boat is what I say. Cheers!

DSC02930b.jpg

Rye beer, still young for my taste... but very tasty and improving daily. 10 days in the bottle.
------------------------
DSC02932b.jpg

NEIPA, but less of an IPA. beer drinkers here don't like the beers so bitter... so my IPA is 33 IBU... which is plenty bitter for the taste buds here (Chile). still call it an IPA, although for most Northern hemisphere dwellers... it would just be a NEPA. or just a PA since it doesn't appear juicy.

There is not really a haze as most are.. I left it in the fermenter a few extra days and when I collected it..it was surprisingly clear considering the ingredients.

Temp control is still the area I have the least control over, but this seem to do ok.

I give you the official, carbed up , taken from the tap, COVID Operation, just added a wee bit of vanilla when I kegged it, it is so subtle, I almost forgot I added it! Hot damn this is good!
20200506_173632.jpg

Presently sitting in my buddy's garage, 4 of us, each off in a corner, and we have 3 others joining in virtually. This Scotch Ale is precisely how they describe it. If I didn't know, and I had to guess, I would call the ABV at high 6's, maybe even 7%, but it is actually 5.4%

Sounds delicious!

A raspberry saison from our local watering hole City Star Brewing. Not a big fruit or saison fan, and this one is probably good if you like the style. My wife and daughter like it.
IMG_20200506_184858.jpg

Back