Recent content by BarbarianBrewer

  1. BarbarianBrewer

    Water Treatment

    Science begs to differ
  2. BarbarianBrewer

    What are you drinking right now?

    It's one of my favorites from 3 Sheeps Brewering. To me it tastes like it has just a touch of rye malt spiciness.
  3. BarbarianBrewer

    Zinzinnati Oktoberfest!

    It was cloudy at first so the sun kind of snuck up on us. "warm and humid" are a bit of an understatement! But, with great beer and great friends, it was all worth it!!
  4. BarbarianBrewer

    What are you drinking right now?

    Before I got into craft beer a coworker brought Rolling Rock and I remember asking him "Is it supposed to taste like this?". He said he liked it but I really think he bought it because he lost the Friday Beer O'Clock coin flip!
  5. BarbarianBrewer

    Trying Voss Kveik for the first time...

    I agree this would be a good choice. I'm currently fermenting a Pineapple SMaSH with 2-row, El Dorado, and Hornindal Kviek yeast. That yeast lists its upper limit at 95-98°F (35-37°C). That would be a good candidate as well.
  6. BarbarianBrewer

    Estrella Pale Ale - Recipe. Your Thoughts?

    I've not had Estrella Pale Ale but, the recipe looks good even if it doesn't match Estrella.
  7. BarbarianBrewer

    I brewed today!

    At the other end of the technology spectrum, I am doing a Pineapple SMaSH mash right now.
  8. BarbarianBrewer

    I brewed today!

    If you are confident the reading was accurate (no calibration needed or user error) then let your goal decide your path. If you want the proper ABV range then dilute and toss the extra. If you want a märzen with a kick, then go with what you have. If it were me I'd go with the latter. A...
  9. BarbarianBrewer

    About Lord Sigurd

    Had to look those up. I like sake so I'm sure I'd like Makgeolli and Soju. I'll have to keep an eye out for those in the liquor store.
  10. BarbarianBrewer

    2026 Quarter 3 Community Recipe

    I brewed this yesterday. I used WLP-380 instead of WLP-300 because that is what my LHBS carried. Google tells me that, whereas WLP-300 leans toward banana/bubblegum esters, WLP-380 should lean toward clove/spiciness esters. One change I forgot to make is scaling down from Don's 79% brewhouse...
  11. BarbarianBrewer

    2026 Quarter 3 Community Recipe

    Received a timely email today from BYO and it has a video on decoction mashing! https://byo.com/videos/decoction-mashing-basics/
  12. BarbarianBrewer

    2026 Quarter 3 Community Recipe

    Dumb or not, I have the same questions. So, thanks for asking them @Zefram!
  13. BarbarianBrewer

    I brewed today!

    I think the O2 is most beneficial during the yeast grown phase. Since you're using the full yeast cake from a previous batch, I don't think lack of oxygenation will be much, if any, negative impact.
  14. BarbarianBrewer

    I brewed today!

    If it is I fully support it!
  15. BarbarianBrewer

    What are you drinking right now?

    I wondered if someone would catch the violation :D

Back
Top