Bottle to keg?

Jonas Ha

Trial Member
Reaction score
I think that, as a freshman, I was too eager to fill from cornelius keg to bottle (with a beergun) and did not let the pressure build up in the beer for long enough.

Does anyone have experience trying to repair too low CO2 by pouring back the beer from the bottle back in the keg?

I understand that there is an obvious risk with o2, but the beer is believed to be all carbonated and it is possible to flush the topp of the keg with co2 so I don´t add more o2 to the beer.

Can I fix CO2 after bottling?

I think that, as a freshman, I was too eager to fill from cornelius keg to bottle (with a beergun) and did not let the pressure build up in the beer for long enough.

Does anyone have experience trying to repair too low CO2 by pouring back the beer from the bottle back in the keg?

I understand that there is an obvious risk with o2, but the beer is believed to be all carbonated and it is possible to flush the topp of the keg with co2 so I don´t add more o2 to the beer.

Can I fix CO2 after bottling?
You can burst carb what you've put back in the keg @let's say 30psi over night to bring your carbonation level up and bottle either in the morning or better yet 24hrs from time you put the 30psi on the keg to "force carbonate it".

They make carb drops and tablets that could be added right to the bottle. I think that would be a lot less work and less chance for oxidizing.

They make carb drops and tablets that could be added right to the bottle. I think that would be a lot less work and less chance for oxidizing.
Ditto. On the other hand, there was already O2 in the bottles' headspace. If you want to go through with the elaborate kegging procedure, it probably won't hurt.

Ditto. On the other hand, there was already O2 in the bottles' headspace. If you want to go through with the elaborate kegging procedure, it probably won't hurt.
Thanks. I will try the extra kegging over sediments in the bottles when adding sugar.

It likely won't help, either. Best solution is to open the bottle, drop in a carbonation drop or, if you don't mind slight overcarbonation, a sugar cube and reseal as soon as possible. There should be some CO2 in the beer already, hard to know how much.

Back