Hops in recipe editor

deVeer

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have added a number of hop variety's into my inventory with no vendor attached. For example "Cascade hops 7AA 2 oz"
I find that when I have formulated a recipe, saved it and then reopened it later to edit, the software has added a vendor to the hop. In my example it might change my recipe entry to this --
"Northern Brewer Cascade 7AA 2oz"
This can get very confusing and I have to go back and re-enter the hops. What gives? Have I done something wrong in the inventory?

Thanks for reaching out, I'll see if I can confirm a precise cause, and reach out to the devs.

Thanks Pricelessbrewing. I have been playing with the inventory today and find that if I change things up a little the software does not hiccup. For example instead of putting in "Cascade", I enter the name as "Cascade US" no problem. Same goes for the other hops as well. "German Perle" would get changed by the software, but "Perle GR" works.
Strange.

Thanks Pricelessbrewing. I have been playing with the inventory today and find that if I change things up a little the software does not hiccup. For example instead of putting in "Cascade", I enter the name as "Cascade US" no problem. Same goes for the other hops as well. "German Perle" would get changed by the software, but "Perle GR" works.
Strange.
I suspect that the cause is that "German Perle", and "Cascade" exists the public inventory already, and the software is trying to adjust your custom entries to match the existing ingredients and override your custom properties where it probably shouldn't be.

But that's just a hunch, I haven't confirmed yet.

Back