First timer here, hey all!

StrangeHaize

Trial Member
Reaction score
First time brewer here about ready to bottle my first batch. I have the MoreBeer Premium kit and brewed the APA that it comes with two weeks ago today. A little activity in the airlock still but I'm hoping it'll be done and I can bottle this weekend. Took a measurement yesterday and will do another tomorrow, then a third on Sunday if needed. Looking through the recipes here and trying to decide on my next batch while I plan on doing a BIAB, 2.5-3gal batch since my kettle is only 8gal. So excited for this hobby and happy to be joining you all!

I'm from the Chicagoland area, west suburbs to be exact. Big follower of microbrews in the area and overall just enjoy drinking beer. So anyways, hi!

Welcome to the forums. Great place to trade knowledge. Sound like your first brew is doing fine. When you get 3 gravity readings the same, then it’s done. What you are likely seeing now is just off-gassing.

Welcome to the forums. Great place to trade knowledge. Sound like your first brew is doing fine. When you get 3 gravity readings the same, then it’s done. What you are likely seeing now is just off-gassing.
Yep, that's exactly what I'm thinking/hoping. The krausen has just about disappeared so I am confident it's done. I'll post an update once I start bottling. The first two weeks were easy to stay patient as it was fun watching the airlock and krausen grow, but two weeks watching bottles do nothing is going to be tough.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm thinking/hoping. The krausen has just about disappeared so I am confident it's done. I'll post an update once I start bottling. The first two weeks were easy to stay patient as it was fun watching the airlock and krausen grow, but two weeks watching bottles do nothing is going to be tough.
It’s only hard the first time as you are eager to sample your first carbonated brew. Each time it gets easier, especially if you are enjoying your precious homebrew while waiting for the next. Enjoy your new obsession!

Welcome from Missouri, neighbor. Enjoy the obsession. Cheers!

First time brewer here about ready to bottle my first batch. I have the MoreBeer Premium kit and brewed the APA that it comes with two weeks ago today. A little activity in the airlock still but I'm hoping it'll be done and I can bottle this weekend. Took a measurement yesterday and will do another tomorrow, then a third on Sunday if needed. Looking through the recipes here and trying to decide on my next batch while I plan on doing a BIAB, 2.5-3gal batch since my kettle is only 8gal. So excited for this hobby and happy to be joining you all!

I'm from the Chicagoland area, west suburbs to be exact. Big follower of microbrews in the area and overall just enjoy drinking beer. So anyways, hi!
Welcome to the forum and the obsession. That's my setup as well and I love it. Good luck.

Welcome from Missouri, neighbor. Enjoy the obsession. Cheers!
Good looking fish you've got there, where was it? My dad has a small place in Perry near Mark Twain Lake, we go down there pretty often and fish for crappie. I'm also hoping to sell my rental property in the next couple years and buy a condo around Osage Beach, I love going to the Ozarks outside of the peak summertime.

Welcome to the best brewing forum on the net. On the few occasions that I've brewed kits from MoreBeer, I've never been disappointed.

Good looking fish you've got there, where was it? My dad has a small place in Perry near Mark Twain Lake, we go down there pretty often and fish for crappie. I'm also hoping to sell my rental property in the next couple years and buy a condo around Osage Beach, I love going to the Ozarks outside of the peak summertime.

That smallie came from Dale Hollow Lake on the Kentucky/Tennessee Border. Bought a cabin on upper LOZ eleven years ago. Not much for the party crowd on the lower end. Relatively quiet and the fishing is good. No condos on this end but plenty of reasonably priced homes and cabins. Check them out before you buy. Cheers.

Back