First Brew in the Bottle!

avanzielst

Trial Member
Reaction score
My awesome gf gave me the morebeer premium homebrew kit for Christmas and we decided to kick the new year off with our first brew day! The American Ale Extract kit came with the set. Ended up with a OG of 1.044 right on spec. Let it sit in the fermentor for 8 days before pulling first SG reading and it was at 1.011. est abv at 4.3%. Bottled today on day 10 as FG was still at 1.011. Cannot wait to drink the first one in two weeks. Tasted my reading sample after I finished bottling and it wasn't too bad. Just hoping I didn't mess up the bottling. Went to let the air out of my bottle filler and sent a big rush of air back into the bucket...dummy me. LOL. Excited for this new hobby and to learn more about all of this!

Welcome! You've got a great GF! Stick around, we've got all kinds of great brewers here with experience at just about any level.

Welcome and congratulations with your first beer!
It's pretty awesome when you drink your first homemade beer and you think "Eish, did II actually made this?" :)

Thanks everyone! It has been an awesome learning experience so far!

Welcome to the budding Brewer and Brewster!

I'm sure the 25th seem a million days from now!

I'd say I most definitely did! Haha she is just as interested in the whole process as I am, and she enjoyed the first brew day a ton as did I!
Welcome to a fun and rewarding hobby for you and the GF. My wife and I started brewing together for over 3 years is and brew each and every batch together and we are at around ~50 brews to date.

Awesome, congrats! I'm in just about the same boat. MoreBeer premium kit, brewed it two weeks ago today. I did a gravity reading yesterday and will do another tomorrow to compare. Still have a little activity in the airlock but I'm hoping it's ready and I can bottle this weekend. Good luck with yours!

Back