What are you reading? (Brewing related)

Since I have only been at this for less than a year, I picked this up with my Barnes and Nobles coupon yesterday. Other newbies note!

Celebration Comparison.jpg

Probably the best all around brewing book. I cut my teeth on the first edition. even though I'd been brewing for several years and read many other books, when the 4th edition came out I bought it.

Beer in Maryland A history of breweries since colonial times. I went to see the author speak during Maryland beer week in Westminster about a month ago. I am amazed at the number of commercial breweries that operated in the region over the ages and the stories that go along with times. The talk ended with the tapping of a keg of IPA brewed with local ingredients by some of the local brewers in Carroll County.

Beer in Maryland A history of breweries since colonial times. I went to see the author speak during Maryland beer week in Westminster about a month ago. I am amazed at the number of commercial breweries that operated in the region over the ages and the stories that go along with times. The talk ended with the tapping of a keg of IPA brewed with local ingredients by some of the local brewers in Carroll County.

Very cool!

Not a book, but... There was a local cable show produced here a couple of years ago, they featured a couple local craft brewers per episode. One episode was on the history of brewing in our region. There was a time before big beer (80-100 years ago) when the only beer you would get would be what was brewed by local entrepreneurs. The jist of that eisode was how it has come full circle.

Great book. I don't think Mosher could be boring if he tried.
Have been thinking about reading it again since there don't seem to be any new brewing books out there that interest me.

Thanks, but I'm not into sours. Found a few I like, but not that I'd drink enough to make brewing worthwhile.

I usually pre-order from Amazon when something new comes out. With Prime free shipping it comes out cheaper than with my AHA discount and paying shipping. The AHA had three free books to choose from with renewal of membership this year, but nothing I wanted so I took 4 oz. of Ahtanum hops instead. The books were: Wild Brews, Farmhouse Ales and Brewing Classic Styles, which I already have.

The January/February edition of Zymurgy. The digital is a pain in the a$$, so I always wait for the print version. This one has the annual gadget section.

Gah! I actually had that book in my hand today at a B&N but, for some reason, decided to put it back. Probably because somewhere along the line I have become internet-programmed, and thus incapable of buying something without first reading (at minimum) 97 reviews.
It's all clone recipes so probably not for everyone! I like it tho!

Gah! I actually had that book in my hand today at a B&N but, for some reason, decided to put it back. Probably because somewhere along the line I have become internet-programmed, and thus incapable of buying something without first reading (at minimum) 97 reviews.

My twin! I’m the same way

Thanks for the reminder :) I bought the Kindle version last July. Was looking to expand into some different styles and figured there'd be some good examples in it. I cherry picked a half dozen recipes and then forgot about it.
I wasn't that impressed with that book. There's little there that can't be found online with a little research.

Back